Inner Background

PoC9
Occasional Participant

Inner Background

Hi there,

Wondering if there is a way to not have an inner background or a transparent inner background?

Thank you

21 REPLIES 21
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @PoC9. Great question! I see that you have added a pattern to the background of your campaign. At this time, we are not able to make the inner background transparent or include a pattern. If you were to use a solid color for your outer background, then you would be able to choose the same color for the inner background so everything would be consistent.

This request is something that we are actively collecting feedback on and I will submit yours over to our Product team. I also encourage you to make your voice heard on our Feedback board as well. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ToddS685
Regular Participant

Yeah this should be a top priority to compete with some of the top designs in email marketing.

Hi @ToddS685

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback! I can definitely understand how helpful being able to edit the inner background of individual blocks would be. I apologize this feature is not available in our email templates. This is however a feature request I have submitted to our engineers on your behalf. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
KGMC
Occasional Participant

Any update on this? I'd really like to use this feature with NO inner background or transparent!

Hello @KGMC,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today!  This feature has not yet been added, but I would be happy to add your voice to the request!

Briody_W

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
JeanineB53
Occasional Participant

Any word on this feature? We need it to keep our campaigns competitive with other email platforms.

Hi @JeanineB53

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this feature! I apologize this is not currently available. I have submitted this feature request in your account.

Frankie.P

Yep, I'd say this is a pretty mandatory feature.

Hi @ClintS4

Thanks for participating in the Community! I have tracked the feedback in your account.

Have a great day!

Alex S.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Yes, a transparent inner background is very important. Do you have an update on when it will be ready?

Hi @Rivercrest201 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this here in the Community! I apologize we do not currently have a time estimate of when transparent backgrounds will be available. With that being said, this is a feature request our Product Team is still collecting feedback on. So in the meantime I have tracked this feedback in your account and passed it on to the appropriate teams.

Frankie.P

Byrne
Regular Participant

PLEASE add this feature, it's not even that big of an ask, and don't just post the same boiler plate response. it should be easy to have a clear section and have the background showing behind it. Get it together or people like us will move to better platforms

AimeeR32134
Regular Participant

Any update on this?

Doesn't seem like a difficult feature to implement really -- And it would really allow for more dynamic designs.

Hi @AimeeR32134 you are totally right, having this feature could definitely allow more design options!  At this time we are still tracking this as a feature request, and I would be more than happy to share your feedback with our product team. We base our priority on feature requests by the demand of people who ask for it, so along with sharing your feedback, I will add you to the list of those demanding this feature to be implemented. 

Brigitte P

FirstNameL66276
Consulting & Training

I agree! This is HUGE! I can't believe I cant do this - or layer images at the least. This is a huge let down :frown: 

PEREZNEGRON
Regular Participant

I can' believe this request has been active for 3 years by now, and we (users) have got nothing as a result. This tool must be added in order to compete with other providers.

CelieA
Regular Participant

I totally believe. Not a single feature request I've participated in has been added in more than 10 years with Constant Contact. On top of that, useful features like being able to tweak the HTML that used to be available have been taken away. In the latest iteration of the builder, you can't even get the text sections to line up from one block to another without adding a new section with the image and then deleting the image and heading to get the margins right. If it weren't for the archive we have, I'd seriously consider leaving. Every major builder update I have experienced has taken something I use away.

MichaelC037
Real Estate

It's been nearly five years since the first request for a transparent background was posted on this site. Every person who requested this over the next four years was told that this was a priority but yet this very simple request has not been addressed. Do you have a timeframe on adding this simple feature which will allow your clients to create a more appealing presentation to their customers?

ErikaB7
Real Estate

Is there any update on this? It feels like every day I am on these threads trying to find solutions to very simple problems only to see people have been begging CC for these solutions for YEARS.

user929150
Participant

Hi, I agree with the other comments above - over the past several years, CC has indicated this feature is a top priority but yet here we are in 2021 without this capability. Can you please provide an update on this feature? Allowing for transparent inner backgrounds and/or a pattern/image inner background seems essential if CC really wants to be a leading marketing campaign tool. We are in 2021, not the early 2000's anymore. CC should allow users to create campaigns that look and feel modern.