Insert Contact Details not working

Participant

Insert Contact Details not working

I'm trying to add contact details, specifically contact's City, to the newsletter. This is a feature that you advertise everywhere, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

5 REPLIES 5
Employee

Hello @BrandonT65

I took a look at your account and I saw that you spoke with one of our reps over the phone about this issue.  They were able to explain that within your account this feature is not currently available, but they are working to get this added.  I am not sure if they explained the current workaround to you, so just in case, here it is: 

Where you want the information to appear you can add in this text: ${Contact.city} Within Preview/Test emails, the city will not appear.  You have to schedule a send to test this out, and make sure that the test list you are sending to (maybe a list of a few different of your own or your colleagues addresses) have a city attached to their contact details.  This can only be added into a text section of your email, and while there are some others that you can use (see below), they cannot be used for any custom fields at this time.  

Here are some examples of others that can be used: 

First Name -  ${Contact.firstName}
Last Name  - ${Contact.lastName}
Title  - ${Contact.jobTitle}
Company  - ${Contact.companyName}
work phone  - ${Contact.workPhone}
zip  - ${Contact.postalCode}

I hope this information helps.  

So...

${Contact.city} ?

Correct @BrandonT65.  You can add that in to where you want the city to appear in a text block in your campaign. Just make sure to test as a live send to make sure that it is working. Also, I forgot to mention in my last post, if for some reason a contact does not have a city designated on their contact details a blank space will appear in that persons email when they receive the campaign.  

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hi - I read to workaround to insert contact details but it's not working for me.  I want to add the website.  Is that a field that can be added to an email message?

Thanks!

Lorraine

Hey @EGOC!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your questions! We have actually made several changes to our editor since that work around was posted. I took a look at your account and saw that you are using our next generation editor which is our newest, fully mobile responsive editor. If you are trying to insert Contact Details into an email campaign, we've made this much easier to do. The following help article will help walk you through this process. 

Add Contact Details Using the Next Generation Editor

Let us know if you have any further questions! 

Jessica H.

Community Support 

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!