Inserting HTML Code

user857172
Campaign Contributor

Hello

I am asking for help regarding inserting HTML code into an email. I don't want to use the custom code campaign, just insert some code into an existing template. if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

If you wish to use HTML to build your email, we'd advise using the custom code editor. The regular email editor cannot have its HTML accessed.

If you're interested in seeing this feature potentially added to the regular email editor in the future, please vote on the feedback thread regarding HTML in the editor.

15 REPLIES 15
Brian_H
Employee

Hello, @user857172 

Thanks for joining us in the Community. We certainly understand why it would helpful to make adjustments to your campaign via HTML. However, in the editor there isn't an option to add in your own code. We will forward this to the appropriate teams to look into adding this in the future.

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
DougF51
Campaign Expert

I'd appreciate this as well.

Brigitte_P
Employee

Hello @DougF51 !

At this time we do not offer inserting HTML code into our 3rd generation email editor. You may be interested in taking a look at our Custom Code Editor however I will certainly relay your feedback to our team! Let us know if there's anything else you'd like to share.

Brigitte P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
johns195
Brand Influencer

why is it not an option now?

it was before ,and was easy to use

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @johns195,

We do not have an option anymore due to formatting issues that were occurring in the email newsletters. We design all of our products based on customer feedback so we will definitely be relaying this to our engineers! Thanks so much.  

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
johns195
Brand Influencer
0 Votes
Ok thank you Zoe!!
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @johns195,

Of course! Have a wonderful day. 

Zoe H.

TandVSynagogue
Campaign Collaborator

This was not solved, unfortunately.  The question was asked in 2019, and it's now 2 YEARS later...  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you need to use HTML code to build an email, we recommend using the custom code editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
SPLF
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, I hope I can piggy-back on this because I just need one coded element in an existing template. A designer worked on this for us in the past and was able to insert a countdown clock into an email and we're working with a different designer this year to achieve the same thing. I can't replicate what the former designer did because that asset no longer shows up in the email and their design is proprietary. Am I able to make something function the way it did before, or did this go away? Thanks!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SPLF ,

Unfortunately RSS feeds are no longer really accepted by the majority of email clients due to the potential security risks they have, which is why they're not included in the current email editor. If you know how to use HTML, you can try recreating it in our custom code editor, but there may be certain restrictions on its capabilities / functionality.

William A
TandVSynagogue
Campaign Collaborator

Hi, just bumping this up a bit, as It doesn't seem so prioritized, alas... In searching the help forums, it's been asked for over and over and over and over again since you removed it, but nothing has changed... has HTML editing. Why can't Constant Contact?  It's not, as they say, rocket science...

MuseumofArtFortLauderdaleN
Campaign Collaborator

This is unbelievable! It's 2021 and anyone can go on the internet and build their own website changing everything to make it look like they want and even insert custom code and this is still not an option. I have so many clients for whom I can't design a decent email template on Constant Contact because you can't edit anything to create custom elements inside the editor. Yes, you can use the custom code, and then what does the client do to edit their template themselves? Clients need to be able to easily edit after you design a template. You don't even have the vision to understand the customers may want to change the way a button looks and not have rounded corners but outlined instead. It's 2021 and this is still like this?  I can't believe this.

VivianS12
Rookie

I still don't see this option available. Can someone please comment as to the status?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you wish to use HTML to build your email, we'd advise using the custom code editor. The regular email editor cannot have its HTML accessed.

If you're interested in seeing this feature potentially added to the regular email editor in the future, please vote on the feedback thread regarding HTML in the editor.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST