Inserting video to email campaign

KarenM224
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to insert a video from an email. It is not a YouTube video so I don't think it has a URL?? Not sure. Any advice? 

8 REPLIES 8
Frankie_P

Hi @KarenM224

Great question! To insert a video into an email on Constant Contact the video would have to be hosted on a different site. If the video is on YouTube or Vimeo, you would be able to insert it through our video block.  If the video is hosted on any other site, it would have to be placed in your email by a screenshot made clickable. Being able to upload a video from your own email into Constant Contact is not a feature we currently have. However I would be happy to track this feature request for you.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
KateB129
Rookie
0 Votes

we want this feature too.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KateB129,

Thank you for your feedback! I would be more than happy to submit your feedback for you so our engineering team can review it. 

Thank you for using Constant Contact and have a great day! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Antonas_S
Employee

Hello @KateB129! Just to add on to Zoe’s reply I just wanted to inform you that while you cannot directly embed a video into your emails you still have the option to link a video as long as it is hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia. Our system will take the video link and create a thumbnail for your video and add a play button on it!

Antonas_S

ScottC670
Rookie
0 Votes

There is no video block listed when I am creating an email.  The block categories are:

preheader, logo, image, section headline, subheadline, content, feature w left image, feature w right image, feature article, article w left image, article w right image, article, signature, button, divider, coupon, social media, spacer.  

Can you explain where I find the video block?

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @ScottC670

Thank you for sharing these details! It sounds like you are still working in an older Legacy Newsletter through our Second Generation Editor. The option to add a video in these campaigns are a little different, but definitely still possible. When you are in your desired block, you can add a video through the Video Link feature. This feature is located under Insert to the left of your email and is available in every block. I would however suggest adding you video in a content, image, or feature article block. 

2019-01-09_17-12-37.png

Frankie.P

DorothyE88
Rookie
0 Votes

I am following the instructions to embed the video in my e-mail (it's my YouTube video). It works in the edit and shows the thumbnail but when I click "insert", the box where the video should be is still empty as in no thumbnail shows in the body of the email like it should. Is there another step that I am missing?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DorothyE88,

I apologize that you are having this experience! Can you please delete the video block and insert it back into your template and try again with your link. If that doesn't work, please reply back with a screenshot of what you see. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST