Install a contact sign-up form (not inline) on a website

principe
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to use one of the new Signup Forms but the instructions are very confusing and incomplete. First it says the Universal Code should be placed once just before the tag. Then it actually say to place the code in the location of the website (widgets for example for Wordpress) where i want the form to show. Now, this means if I have 3 forms I have to install them 3 times ? I looked on youtube but all the videos I could find refer to the Inline form, not the other ones. Has anyone done this and can help ? Thank you

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @principe ,

Any pop-up, banner, or flyout forms you have active on a single account will populate wherever you've plugged in the universal code, since these coded forms don't have their own individual codes. From the article:

• For the Banner, Flyout, or Pop-up Sign-Up Form - The Universal Code can be placed anywhere on your website where you want the form to display. You can place the code on multiple pages or place the code in your website's footer to display the form on every page. 

Only inline forms have requirements for particularly specific placements. I'd advise referring back to the article on installing coded forms if you need step-by-step and visual guidance. Otherwise, I'd recommend reaching out to your webmaster, or the support of the site builder you're using (if applicable) for further assistance on installing the forms.

If you're not able to add the coded forms to your site's setup (for example, some site builders also simply do not accept outside scripting), then I'd advise using the landing page forms for their simpler URL linking. Another option would be to look for an integration - one we've developed or 3rd-party developed - you can utilize instead for your site, if one exists.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @principe ,

Any pop-up, banner, or flyout forms you have active on a single account will populate wherever you've plugged in the universal code, since these coded forms don't have their own individual codes. From the article:

• For the Banner, Flyout, or Pop-up Sign-Up Form - The Universal Code can be placed anywhere on your website where you want the form to display. You can place the code on multiple pages or place the code in your website's footer to display the form on every page. 

Only inline forms have requirements for particularly specific placements. I'd advise referring back to the article on installing coded forms if you need step-by-step and visual guidance. Otherwise, I'd recommend reaching out to your webmaster, or the support of the site builder you're using (if applicable) for further assistance on installing the forms.

If you're not able to add the coded forms to your site's setup (for example, some site builders also simply do not accept outside scripting), then I'd advise using the landing page forms for their simpler URL linking. Another option would be to look for an integration - one we've developed or 3rd-party developed - you can utilize instead for your site, if one exists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
principe
Rookie
0 Votes

William,

thank you for your reply and for pointing me back to the same article I read.

The instructions are inconsistent, I would like to point out a few things:

A) In the image immediately under point 3) Click Copy to Clipboard: it says "Paste this code before the </body> to show all your active form". So this is very precise as to where the code should be. Also, it is one piece of code for ALL the active form. Irrespective of how many forms I have and where they are located.

:sunglasses: Below on the article, like you suggested, it says I should place the code where I want the form to show. This contradicts directly what it says above:

- If I place the code wherever the form is on the website, that means if I have 3 active forms, the code should be in 3 different places? Not just one code

- also, it does mean placing the code before the </body> is not correct?

It is confusing. Can you please clarify. Thank you

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

To your first point, yes. The universal code covers all coded forms - inline, pop-up, banner, and flyout. Only the inline forms have their own additional code to include. This means that if you have multiple pop-ups, banners, and/or flyouts active under a single account, they'll all populate on your site.

You only have to put the universal code in a specific place if you're adding an inline form. Otherwise, as you'll see in the section labeled "Install the sign-up form code on a website" the Universal Code can be placed anywhere on your website where you want the form to display. You can place the code on multiple pages or place the code in your website's footer to display the form on every page. 

Ultimately, I'd recommend sticking with either just a banner, a pop-up, or a flyout - having multiple active and installed on a site will just become cumbersome or turn away potential signees.

If you need additional assistance adding the universal code to your site, I'd recommend reaching out to your webmaster or site builder support if applicable. Otherwise one of the other form options mentioned in my earlier response may be more suitable for your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST