Instead of attaching files, host them online for linking in an email

SOLVED
Go to solution
OfficeM42
Rookie
0 Votes

Constant Contact insists on converting PDF files into PNG files when uploading.  Some of the PNG files are blank, they don't show anything.

I cannot find the PDF's in my Constant Contact library.  Both seemed to be uploading but only the PNG conversions are in the library.

How can I find where the PDF's are just attach or link to the actual PDF files and not the PNG files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @OfficeM42 ,

The system will automatically generate a PNG of the first page when uploading a PDF (or other document type), in the event you wish to insert it into your email as a preview for the full document. Unless you explicitly X-out one or both in the upload screen, both will be available for your usage.

I looked in your account, and I'm seeing several recently uploaded documents available in your library. You can link to your documents in your email. This both reduces the size of the email being sent, and improves its delivery, especially for mass mailing services such as ours. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @OfficeM42 ,

The system will automatically generate a PNG of the first page when uploading a PDF (or other document type), in the event you wish to insert it into your email as a preview for the full document. Unless you explicitly X-out one or both in the upload screen, both will be available for your usage.

I looked in your account, and I'm seeing several recently uploaded documents available in your library. You can link to your documents in your email. This both reduces the size of the email being sent, and improves its delivery, especially for mass mailing services such as ours. 

William A
PattiB067
Rookie
0 Votes

Help! The pdf documents in my CC Library won't link...won't display as a dropdown list from which to select, then add to my email.  In the past there has been no problem. I've tried different browsers, different computer, etc.  Images from my CC Library loaded to email just fine, but not link to documents.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PattiB067 ,

Can you point where in the process of inserting a document in your campaign you're running into issues? Can you provide screencaps or elaborate further of what you see on your end when you go to insert the document link?

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST