Is it possible to create a phone link without showing the phone number

Participant

Is it possible to create a phone link without showing the phone number

I want to create link  button that someone can click to call us.  I don't want them to be able to see our phone number, just the button.  The editor is not accepting tel: as valid, even though it is.  Is there any way to force the editor to accept my phone link as valid?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @AnnL 

I can understand how helpful it would be to add a link to call button in your email. I apologize, at this time linking telephone numbers is not a feature this is available. Trying to do so will give an error as you have mentioned. We have however submitted this feedback to our Product Team as it's a feature request we are collecting feedback on. You may be able to insert the phone number as regular text instead. Though we can't control which devices will link it, some devices will recognize this text as a phone number and automatically link it. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

In that case, how can I edit the code of my email to insert the tel: link manually? A visible phone number is not part of the design I'm using, it would ruin my vision.

Hi @AnnL. There is not a way to insert code to make a phone number clickable nor can a button be inserted linking to a phone number. If you choose to display the phone number, certain email clients and devices will automatically make this clickable but this cannot be done prior to sending out the email. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.