Is there a way to "trim" the event widget by only showing certain events on a web page versus anothe

MargaretG412
Regular Participant

Is there a way to "trim" the event widget by only showing certain events on a web page versus anothe

This is the use case. We have two audiences: A professional audience where we have educational events and a consumer audience where we have educational events.

We would like the professional educational events to appear on the professional page using the widget. (All professional events have the same keyword in the title.)

We would like the consumer educational events to appear on the consumer page using the widget. (All consumer events have the same keywords in the title.)

In the embed code, is there a way to put in a string that would reduce to the results based on Title keywords so the events stay in their respective places? Right now, we don't want consumers to see the educational events for professionals!

Thanks for any input.

3 REPLIES 3
Amber_G
Employee

Hi @MargaretG412unfortunately there isn't a way to keep both types of events on the calendar and control which are seen from your website. However, you could potentially limit the events shown to at least one group. If there is one group that you have more events for, you could add all of those to the calendar (and as a result, the widget). For the other group, you could list those events on the website manually.

Amber.G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MargaretG412
Regular Participant

How do I put this in as a product suggestion? Lots of organization must have this problem now that Covid has hit and everything is done online.

It shouldn't be that hard. Facebook has this, youtube has this, etc. Have you escalated this to the product/programming department?

Katherine

We've gone ahead and tracked your feedback regarding this, @MargaretG412 . If you have any additional feedback you'd like to provide, I'd recommend going to the feedback boards (click the menu in the top-left, select Give Feedback, then select the category it'd fall under - for example Events would be an "Other Campaign Experience"). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.