Is there any way to see who rec'd / opened a TEST email?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AmyD5564
Brand Influencer

I'm trying to confirm that I sent a test email to my boss for approval of the email prior to distribution, but I can't see any place where it would report that.  Suggestions?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @AmyD5564 

At this time any test emails are not recorded in the reporting for your campaign. A workaround to this is creating a list under your contacts with just your boss on it. Scheduling a full send to this new list will allow you to have reporting available. If you do not need to make any updates to your email, it can then be sent to the rest of your contacts through our Resend Feature. In the case that you do have to make any updates, you can do this by copying your campaignOnce you've copied your campaign, you can update your email as you'd like.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @AmyD5564 

At this time any test emails are not recorded in the reporting for your campaign. A workaround to this is creating a list under your contacts with just your boss on it. Scheduling a full send to this new list will allow you to have reporting available. If you do not need to make any updates to your email, it can then be sent to the rest of your contacts through our Resend Feature. In the case that you do have to make any updates, you can do this by copying your campaignOnce you've copied your campaign, you can update your email as you'd like.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
HostosCC
Campaign Contributor

Hello, 

Had Constant Contact developed a solution to this problem: "I'm trying to confirm that I sent a test email to my boss for approval of the email prior to distribution, but I can't see any place where it would report that?"

I ask because I work with individuals that would not share with me whether they received a draft or not. I create campaigns for several departments within my organization. My boss will ask me whether I had sent a draft to a particular group, usually more than five. and would like to see proof. Because of the volume of emails, we receive daily, my boss will ask me to resend a test. In today's digital and agile time, I should be able to create a test report. 

JohnD02388
Rookie

Agreed. Sure, there are workarounds, but at this point in the game, it certainly seems like it should just be standard practice to be able to track your test emails with some built-in accountability -- when it was sent, recipients, opens, bounces, etc. Wishful thinking ??

TomM37091
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Is there a way to confirm that recipients who are sent "test" emails. Receive and open the email?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TomM37091 ,

No, test sends do not contain the open tracking pixel or other reporting track coding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST