Is there no way to add a Tag to all contacts in a list?

GeorgeB035
Participant

Is there no way to add a Tag to all contacts in a list?

I recently imported a new list. Now I realize I want to tag those contacts. Without re-importing from a file and include the tag, isn't there a way to add a tag to an entire list? That seems like an obvious function to me. Am I totally missing something?  Is it possible that re-importing the same list but with a "tag" column containing the same tag for all contacts will add the tag to the same (already existing) contacts?

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @GeorgeB035 ,

You can simply select-all the contacts in the list, then choose the Add Tag option in the Actions menu at the top.

Re-importing the contacts and adding the appropriate tag(s) on the final list selection page, right before confirming the upload, will also accomplish what you want. Since re-importing a unique email address (what denotes a unique contact) will simply update the contact with new info, you can just perform the exact same upload functions you did initially, with the extra step of selecting how you want to tag them all.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.