Is this an email from you or is it Phishing?

Highlighted

Is this an email from you or is it Phishing?

This came from a strange email address from mm-endurance.com

Is this a real email?  

To Whom It May Concern:

We have been notified that you own, operate and/or designed the website http://jtillman.com/engines/constantcontact/cc_php_form_example/edit_contact_step1.php which is using the famous and distinctive “Constant Contact” trademark. The term and copyright images “Constant Contact” appears in several places on your website, and is a federally registered and federal trademark or copyrights of Constant Contact, Inc.

Your website uses our federal trademark or copyrights without authority or license. We can find no record of your being an appointed agent, broker, or partner of Constant Contact, Inc. and cannot find any license or authority granted to you to use our trademarks or copyrights. 

Constant Contact, Inc. is listed on the Principal Register of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 2363937.  This trademark registration provide Constant Contact, Inc. with protection of its trademarks in the United States as well as abroad.

You are directed to immediately cease and desist from using the “Constant Contact” registered trademark on your website and to remove any and all references to “Constant Contact” from any Meta tags, HTML code, text, or content on your websites.

Your immediate attention is requested.  Please contact us to confirm that you are taking the steps necessary to comply with our requests.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Is this an email from you or is it Phishing?

Hi @JeffS4498 

I apologize for any confusion this email may have caused! While I don't believe this is something we would send, I would be happy to look into this further for you. Please forward a copy of the email you received with the full header information to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured