Join My List app not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
JamesW39
Campaign Contributor

When I try to set up the Join My List app in Facebook, I get an error message that says "This page isn't available. The link may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Check to see if the link you're trying to open is correct." 

I click on "Add app" in the page as shown in this screenshot:

cc-jml.png

And that's when I get the error. The Constant Contact integration link is apparently trying to go to "apps.facebook.com" which no longer exists. So there is no way to integrate Constant Contact into Facebook without using a Constant Contact ad, which is not suitable for my purposes. I just want people to be able to join a mailing list from our Facebook page. That does not appear to be possible anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JamesW39 ,

We're sorry to hear you've run into this error. For the sake of troubleshooting, would you be able to perform some of the following steps and see if any of them resolve the issue for you?

1. Remove the FB JMML from the Facebook page
  2. Close the browser
  3. Reopen it and do not log into FB
  4. Log into CTCT and add the JMML through the Integrations tab
  5. Connect the page
  6. Click Go to Facebook after the app install steps are completed
  7. Click customize
  8. Complete the customization and Save

Another potential workaround is:

1. Try a different browser / private browser mode
  2. Try connecting with a different admin
  3. Try another computer
  4. Try both Facebook Classic and New modes:
    - Click the dropdown arrow on the Facebook page and choose either "Switch to Classic Facebook" or "Switch to New Facebook".
    - In Classic, Join My List will be in the left sidebar/column, possibly under the More section.
    - In New, Join My List will be across the top of the page, possibly under the More section.

If none of these troubleshooting methods work, you could potentially utilize Facebook's Contact button/tab, and link a Lead-Generation Landing page to accomplish effectively the same thing. Here are some instructions for adding the button if you haven't done it for your business page before:

1. Below the page cover photo, click "+ Add a Button". If your page already has a button like Send Message, click it and choose Edit Button
  2. Under "Step 1: Which button do you want people to see?", choose "Contact you"
  3. Choose Sign Up and click Next
  4. Under "Step 2: Where would you like this button to send people?", choose Website
  5. Paste in the landing page URL, click Save, then click Finish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Lilyt17
Rookie
0 Votes

i have followed the videos to the "join my list App" for several times. By the time i get to "allow access", the pop up kept telling me that Constant contact has lost the connection and refresh my browser.

Brian_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @Lilyt17

Thanks for joining us in the Community. I certainly understand the concern with what has occurred so far to generate new sign ups. Which browser do you currently use and are you attempting to connect with your personal page that's attached to your business page where you'd like the join my list app to appear? 

Brian_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RegN1
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, I'm receiving this error message too. Chrome browser.

Screenshot 2020-05-11 21.50.41.png

Adrienne_B
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @RegN1 

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry you are encountering this error. I have looked into the issue and see we are aware of an issue like this occurring and our team is investigating the issue. If you would like, can you please send us an email with a reference to this post, your username, a link to your Facebook page, your operating system, and any other information you may have to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and we can further look into this issue for you? If you would like, you may also try an alternate browser or a private/igcognito window as well. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JamesW39 ,

We're sorry to hear you've run into this error. For the sake of troubleshooting, would you be able to perform some of the following steps and see if any of them resolve the issue for you?

2. Close the browser
  5. Connect the page
  7. Click customize

3. Try another computer
    - Click the dropdown arrow on the Facebook page and choose either "Switch to Classic Facebook" or "Switch to New Facebook".
    - In Classic, Join My List will be in the left sidebar/column, possibly under the More section.
    - In New, Join My List will be across the top of the page, possibly under the More section.

If none of these troubleshooting methods work, you could potentially utilize Facebook's Contact button/tab, and link a Lead-Generation Landing page to accomplish effectively the same thing. Here are some instructions for adding the button if you haven't done it for your business page before:

1. Below the page cover photo, click "+ Add a Button". If your page already has a button like Send Message, click it and choose Edit Button
  2. Under "Step 1: Which button do you want people to see?", choose "Contact you"
  4. Under "Step 2: Where would you like this button to send people?", choose Website

William A
JamesW39
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you, switching to Classic Facebook in a different browser did the trick. However, is there any way to move the "Join my List" tab out from under "More" on the new Facebook? I'm concerned that people won't know to look for it and the new Facebook does a really good job of not letting you find things!

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @JamesW39 

That's a great question! Having the ability to move the order of the Facebook Join My List tab is not an available feature. It is however a feature request I have tracked in your account. In the meantime I would also suggest submitting feedback on this to Facebook directly as Facebook controls the ability to adjust the navigation bar on your page.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AmandaS8094
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Greetings!

I've been following the prompts through this and when I got through to reinstall the app on Facebook through Constant Contact integration, I get to the download the app and when you click it, I get: 

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

The app is also no longer showing under the apps on Facebook's Business Integration for me to add directly back here either. I've cleared history, logged out, gone incognito, and still cannot get the app back. 

Timothy_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AmandaS8094 ,

I have removed the integration from your account on Constant Contact's side. Please try and reinstall the App again.

Timothy_G

AmandaS8094
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hey there! I am still getting the error message when I try to go through Constant Contact and cannot link if I go through FB Business integrations either :frown:

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AmandaS8094,

Can you please send us a screenshot of the error you are receiving so we can take a look? Thanks!

Zoe H.

AmandaS8094
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Sure! I have tried logging out, classic mode, and new mode and I get this error every time after selecting the "add app" option (from Constant Contact integrations then FB sign up form). I also tried going through the business integrations on FB too, and it just tells me it was removed when I search for it and won't allow me to add. Thanks so much for the help!!

Screen Shot.jpg

BrendaB7894
Campaign Contributor

This really needs to get resolved sooner than later. I've been reading the message trail and not seeing any progress in resolving the issue. The first screen shot shows this content isn't available right now. The message was appearing when using the latest and greatest version of Facebook. So, then I switched back to the Classic version as it was mentioned to that in another message. Still no luck.

image.png

Having Facebook opened and in Classic mode, I would then go to Constant Contact and select the "Facebook Join My List App" button. It takes me to a page on Facebook as also seen below. I selected "Add App", and then a message saying the page isn't available right now. That also happens in the newer version as well. Please fix. This is great for lead generation.  

image.png

image.png

 

AmandaS8094
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Any resolution team? I just stopped getting responses and this is vital it looks like for a few of us?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AmandaS8094,

We're sorry to hear you've run into this error. If you follow the steps below, you should be able to get rid of that error message. 

2. Close the browser
  5. Connect the page
  7. Click customize

3. Try another computer

If none of these troubleshooting methods work, you could potentially utilize Facebook's Contact button/tab, and link a Lead-Generation Landing page to accomplish effectively the same thing. Here are some instructions for adding the button if you haven't done it for your business page before:

Zoe H.

AmandaS8094
Campaign Collaborator

As I noted earlier in the thread, I've followed all of these. These steps do not work. I've tried different browers, cleared facebook, cleared cookies, switched to classic, switched to new, removed the app, you guys removed it, tried all of these steps as I've mentioned. Another user also chimed in these steps are not working and this is a vital thing for our businesses on Facebook.

I cannot use the button for Facebook as I need it to direct people to my website. It seems like there is a problem with the Constant Contact app on Facebook itself. 

AnimalKingdomPopups
Rookie
0 Votes

appears to be broken link after reaching page: https://apps.facebook.com/ctctjmml/ on this page I click add app and it does not do anything

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @AnimalKingdomPopups 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this! Are you set as the administrator for the Facebook business page? Are you seeing any error messages? Or unable to connect the form through a different browser or a private/incognito window? We have seen users unable to work in their account as easily as they should due to 3rd party add-ons in their browser. So testing your account like this is a helpful step to take to see if there is anything in your specific browser that could affect how Constant Contact works.

Frankie.P

StacyF254
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and have tried the suggested work arounds, none work. Please help I'd like to get this set up ASAP

Thanks!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @StacyF254 ,

It looks like there's a very recent issue the engineers are currently looking into regarding Facebook's updated API. I did get your info sent to the engineers for further review and tracking. They'll notify you directly as soon as they have an update to the issue.

In the meantime, I'd recommend manually creating a button on a Facebook business page by clicking Add Button on your business page, and going through the steps. You can link any URL to this button that you want, including a link to a landing page created in Constant Contact.

William A
AmandaH8972
Rookie
0 Votes

I am receiving the following message when I try to add the sign up app to our FB business page.

I saw on a post from June that there was a bug and it was being updated, is this message due to that issue? If not please advise best way to get around this and if it is simply part of the update in the meantime can I please be notified when it is corrected?

FB issue.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AmandaH8972 ,

We apologize as this seems to be an issue our engineers are still working with Facebook on, to figure out what's happening with their API. I've gone ahead and submitted your case to the engineers with the relevant service request attached. If and when there's an update to the issue, they'll make sure to notify you.

In the meantime, the best workaround is going to be creating a landing page in our system, then linking that to a button created on your Facebook Business Page. 

William A
GROWMARK
Rookie
0 Votes

When I click on the Facebook Join My List App, I get to the landing page on Facebook that lets me click the blue Add App button. But I always get the error message "sorry, this content isn't available right now" (see attached image). I tried incognito, different browsers, a different computer and my phone and none of these options work. 

AngieH264_0-1595968671109.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GROWMARK ,

We're sorry to hear you've run into some trouble with the Facebook JMML integration. It appears a recent update in Facebook's API has caused some issues with various business integrations, one of which is our JMML app. I've gone ahead and submitted your case to the engineers with the applicable service request attached. If and when they have an update, they'll make sure to notify you.

In the meantime, the workaround they recommend is using your Facebook business page's Add Button tool, and hyperlinking a landing page sign up form created through us. For instructions on setting up a Landing Page, check out our article on the subject.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST