Join My List app not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
JamesW39
Campaign Contributor

When I try to set up the Join My List app in Facebook, I get an error message that says "This page isn't available. The link may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Check to see if the link you're trying to open is correct." 

I click on "Add app" in the page as shown in this screenshot:

cc-jml.png

And that's when I get the error. The Constant Contact integration link is apparently trying to go to "apps.facebook.com" which no longer exists. So there is no way to integrate Constant Contact into Facebook without using a Constant Contact ad, which is not suitable for my purposes. I just want people to be able to join a mailing list from our Facebook page. That does not appear to be possible anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JamesW39 ,

We're sorry to hear you've run into this error. For the sake of troubleshooting, would you be able to perform some of the following steps and see if any of them resolve the issue for you?

1. Remove the FB JMML from the Facebook page
  2. Close the browser
  3. Reopen it and do not log into FB
  4. Log into CTCT and add the JMML through the Integrations tab
  5. Connect the page
  6. Click Go to Facebook after the app install steps are completed
  7. Click customize
  8. Complete the customization and Save

Another potential workaround is:

1. Try a different browser / private browser mode
  2. Try connecting with a different admin
  3. Try another computer
  4. Try both Facebook Classic and New modes:
    - Click the dropdown arrow on the Facebook page and choose either "Switch to Classic Facebook" or "Switch to New Facebook".
    - In Classic, Join My List will be in the left sidebar/column, possibly under the More section.
    - In New, Join My List will be across the top of the page, possibly under the More section.

If none of these troubleshooting methods work, you could potentially utilize Facebook's Contact button/tab, and link a Lead-Generation Landing page to accomplish effectively the same thing. Here are some instructions for adding the button if you haven't done it for your business page before:

1. Below the page cover photo, click "+ Add a Button". If your page already has a button like Send Message, click it and choose Edit Button
  2. Under "Step 1: Which button do you want people to see?", choose "Contact you"
  3. Choose Sign Up and click Next
  4. Under "Step 2: Where would you like this button to send people?", choose Website
  5. Paste in the landing page URL, click Save, then click Finish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
AthertonBaptistChurch_ChurchOffice
Rookie
0 Votes
Currently getting this error message when trying to update/add CC integrations to my Facebook Pages (I'm the Admin): https://www.facebook.com/v3.2/dialog/pagetab?api_key=141428856257&next=https%3A%2F%2Fintegration.con... Sorry, this content isn't available right now The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AthertonBaptistChurch_ChurchOffice ,

It appears that some of Facebook's recent updates to their site has caused issues with the Join My Mailing List integration. I've assigned your case to our engineers, while they work with Facebook to figure out what's going on.

In the meantime, they're suggesting using the lead generation landing pages from our system, and creating a button on your Facebook business page that links to the landing page.

William A
KetiweMCFI
Rookie
0 Votes
I'm trying to connect our Constant Contact account to Facebook in order to utilize the Join My List App to appear on our Facebook Business Page. I've connected the Constant Contact account to our social media. But when I click on add app, I get an error message that says the page isn't available. I've tried this several times over different days without any success.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KetiweMCFI ,

With a lot of Facebook's recent updates, we've noticed interruptions for some customers trying to add the JMML app to their page. Our engineers are working with Facebook in regards to their updated API, so I've made sure to attach the relevant service request to your account and submit your case to them. If and when they have an update to the issue, they'll make sure to reach out.

In the meantime, our engineers are suggesting using the Facebook Business page's Add Button feature, and then linking to a lead-generation landing page that you created in our system.

William A
RachaelW914
Rookie
0 Votes
This link does not work. When you click add app it says, "This Content Isn't Available Right Now When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted."
William_A
Administrator

Hello @RachaelW914 ,

With a lot of Facebook's recent updates, we've noticed interruptions for some customers trying to add the JMML app to their page. Our engineers are working with Facebook in regards to their updated API, so I've made sure to attach the relevant service request to your account and submit your case to them. If and when they have an update to the issue, they'll make sure to reach out.

In the meantime, our engineers are suggesting using the Facebook Business page's Add Button feature, and then linking to a lead-generation landing page that you created in our system

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST