We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Junk Mail

ClaireE078
Participant

Junk Mail

How do I keep my newsletter emails from going to my contact's junk mail folders?

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @ClaireE078 ,

Hello, I'd recommend checking out this article on general ways to improve and maintain higher deliverability. With that said, there's several reasons why your emails may be ending up in some contacts' junk folders. This can depend significantly on the settings of your contact's email client, as well as any security elements they or their IT teams may have set as well. Safelisting is something that can be done on the contact's end to make sure your emails aren't being unduly forced into spam or completely mitigated from receiving.

Safelisting email addresses

Safelisting our domains

While all emails sent through us have some degree of authentication, some email clients can be very particular about the source of emails being sent. I'd recommend looking into authentication, either through us if you're using a free email service (Gmail, Yahoo, Live, etc.) or self-authentication if you have your own domain.

It'd also likely be worth calling and speaking with our Deliverability team, to see if they have any additional specialized insight they can offer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.