Keeping clean contact lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
DanS675
Rookie

I'm new to constant contact and I just imported a customer list using an excel spreadsheet. Once entered into constant contact I know that there are quite a few bad emails. Is there a way to remove them without sending out my first campaign? Or should I just send out my first campaign and figure it out after the fact? Thank you in advance!!!

-Newbie to Constant Contact

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @DanS675 ,

Our system wouldn't really be able to tell you which emails aren't any good until you've actually tried to send an email to them. If you already know which ones are no good, I'd recommend clearing out your contacts, taking the bad ones out of the file you intend to upload, then redo the upload without those bad contacts.

Otherwise, you can send out the email, and then check the reporting for bounces. The bounce report will also have a Recommended for Removal category, so you can easily group those bounces we don't recommend keeping, then delete and unsubscribe them in one go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @DanS675 ,

Our system wouldn't really be able to tell you which emails aren't any good until you've actually tried to send an email to them. If you already know which ones are no good, I'd recommend clearing out your contacts, taking the bad ones out of the file you intend to upload, then redo the upload without those bad contacts.

Otherwise, you can send out the email, and then check the reporting for bounces. The bounce report will also have a Recommended for Removal category, so you can easily group those bounces we don't recommend keeping, then delete and unsubscribe them in one go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST