Large number of surveys not submitted

SOLVED
Go to solution
SAM_Staff
Rookie
0 Votes

I have an active survey.  I have received 84 submittals so I know it's working. However, I have a large number of starts (294) that haven't been submitted. I am guessing that this is because at the end of the survey we ask for people to update their contact information with us, although it is not required. 

Is there a way to look at the surveys that have not been submitted? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @SAM_Staff , 

Good question! Unfortunately, we are unable to view the results of any survey without that submit button being clicked, because that is what saves the data in our system. If you sent the survey invitation out using a Constant Contact email, you should be able to see who clicked to take the survey, but unfortunately not what they entered if they never submitted it. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @SAM_Staff , 

Good question! Unfortunately, we are unable to view the results of any survey without that submit button being clicked, because that is what saves the data in our system. If you sent the survey invitation out using a Constant Contact email, you should be able to see who clicked to take the survey, but unfortunately not what they entered if they never submitted it. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
LibbyH7
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem--only 24% submit rate, but lots of starts. Why?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If your contacts are clicking the survey link in the email, or if people are accessing the link from other sites you may have posted the survey's URL to, but they're not actually submitting their responses then it would result in this lower submission rate.

Keep in mind as well, if your contacts use security programs that "open" and "click" emails to check them for malware, this may also affect your surveys' starts vs actual submissions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST