Layout Bugs

DoyleH2
Campaign Contributor

It's driving me crazy that the layouts don't look the same as how you set them up when you actually preview or send them. Some fonts that are supposed to be Bold end up being regular, paragraphs have random spaces in them. Fonts will change size... Maybe I'm just a picky graphic designer but it sucks. I'm just going to set up a PDF and send even though that's not the best option.

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DoyleH2 ,

Can you provide any examples of these issues? Are you copying and pasting the text from elsewhere when adding text to your email? Do you fully clear the formatting before pasting it into the editor? Are the emails you're testing several generations of copies of copies?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DoyleH2
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

The first screenshot is the preview, 2nd is the test email. I did not copy and paste any of the text. The spacing is weird on the bullet point paragraph. Also, the divider bar above the city names randomly got huge and the 'Share This Email' and 'Share on Facebook' are completely different than it looks when building the email.

Preview:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 8.22.15 AM.png

Test email:
Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 8.24.08 AM.png

Preview:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 8.24.22 AM.png

Test:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 8.24.30 AM.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

What email program are you using to view the email tests? When I test sent the email shown (you'll see it in your account as CSC_TEST_), I wasn't able to recreate any of the issues you showed. Do the issues occur in other email sites/programs/apps you test on? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
NatashaJ70
Rookie
0 Votes

I have the same issue. The preview looks how I want the layout to show and when I sent the test or the actual email, it is not the same. My spacing is off and the stretched out way more than how the preview shows. Not at all what I wanted.  Can you please contact me directly regarding this issue? I had to send out my email with the streched-out layout today but I need to get this resolved prior to my next campaign deadline. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @NatashaJ70. In order to assist you, we will need more information as to what you are seeing. I am not able to replicate any spacing or stretching issues on my end through GMail.

• What email client are you using to test the email?
  • Does this happen in all clients?
  • Do you have screenshots of how the email is displaying?
--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
NatashaJ70
Rookie
0 Votes

Are you able to contact me directly regarding this issue? I use outlook.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST