[Legacy Email Editor Retirement] No longer able to copy legacy email

SOLVED
Go to solution
Regular Participant

[Legacy Email Editor Retirement] No longer able to copy legacy email

I want to copy an email, as I have always done, but there is no longer an option to do this. I have also tried to contact Constant Contact but the chat never opens and the phone calls doesn't get answered. I have been trying for several days.

Thanks, Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello everyone!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your legacy campaign. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This up-to-date editor does have the ability to be copied

Additionally, we have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

We welcome any feedback about this editor. If you would like to see a feature included, please leave your feedback here. This directly posts to our Get Feedback area where posts are read by the Product team. They use the feedback left by customers to make decisions on future feature updates based on what is getting the most volume. While we welcome your thoughts and comments here, it is best to post on that board so your feedback can be tracked easier.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

249 REPLIES 249

Hello @AG_Festivities ,

It appears your account was part of the latest wave of legacy email builder retirements we've been emailing about. I'd recommend taking a look at our Knowledge Base for its plethora of helpful articles to ease the transition to our current, mobile-friendly email builder. For starters, you may be interested in this article on transitioning between the two builders

If you'd like one-on-one guidance, our general support agents can work with you live on the phone to get started as well. You can also request to have your legacy template remade in the new editor by one of the professional designers, or to have an entirely new one created. You can ask one of our phone agents for more details on this type of paid service.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Participant

We had not been informed of this change. I send out my mailing tonight for delivery tomorrow. It announces my radio show tomorrow among other things. I always copy and revise the previous mailing. I've done this every week for years. Now how can I send it out tonight? This is terrible.

Regular Participant

I'm not an "occasional" contributor. I'm a director of the New Journalism Project. I send out our mailer once a week, every week.

Now I can't send it out and we had no warning.

What is your suggestion?

We may have to find another provider

Thorne Dreyer

Hello @Johnv09163 ,

It appears your account was part of the latest wave of legacy email builder retirements we've been emailing about. I'd recommend taking a look at our Knowledge Base for its plethora of helpful articles to ease the transition to our current, mobile-friendly email builder. For starters, you may be interested in this article on transitioning between the two builders

If you'd like one-on-one guidance, our general support agents can work with you live on the phone to get started as well. You can also request to have your legacy template remade in the new editor by one of the professional designers, or to have an entirely new one created. You can ask one of our phone agents for more details on this type of paid service.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hello everyone!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your legacy campaign. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This up-to-date editor does have the ability to be copied

Additionally, we have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

We welcome any feedback about this editor. If you would like to see a feature included, please leave your feedback here. This directly posts to our Get Feedback area where posts are read by the Product team. They use the feedback left by customers to make decisions on future feature updates based on what is getting the most volume. While we welcome your thoughts and comments here, it is best to post on that board so your feedback can be tracked easier.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

this is a terrible decision!  I am trying to make Covid announcements to customers and, on the fly, I am changing my process...

Reading the comments...NOOOOOOOO. Why oh why would you do this.

Regular Participant

Agree,  A terrible decision.  The copy function was the most valuable feature - I use it multiple times per week.  You've more than doubles the time to accomplish what should be a simple task.

What genius thought it was a good idea to force user to recreate newsletters from scratch.

Shows what CC things of its paying customers.

A terrible decision not having the "copy" in place anymore. Will have to start looking for another site besides Constant Contact

If you have less than 2000 contacts, try .  It is free.  It looks as if Constant Contact tried to copy editor and did a poor job.  has more options including editing HTML.  Neither editor has a block for creating a table like the old CC editor but it only take a few lines of simple HTML to create a table in .

Regular Participant

@Jeff10240:  looks like they edited out the name of their competitor that you suggested in the first sentence of your comments.  Please repost it, but I'll bet they automatically erase competitor names/brands.  Could you please also email the name of that resource to me at:   allan.meyer@icloud.com

I have been using MailChimp for more than a month.  I like it.  I had to recreate my newsletter better than before.  I could not have created the new look in the new CC editor.  Good bye CC.

Updated editor is useless.  There is no way to edit the html code.

Regular Participant

Who is the idiot that decided to force us to recreate our campaigns?  Normally I jump on, copy, tweak and send.  Who do I send the bill to for all of the time recreating our various campaigns? 

Regular Participant

I agree. I've been a CC customer for nearly 10-years but this is super annoying and a serious deficiency that will likely prompt me to downgrade or switch to an entirely different email marketing platform.

Frequent Participant

We are right there with you. Our concerns have fallen on deaf ears.

I just logged into Constant Contact as I've taken over the responsibilities for our account. I've never used it before so I search for the easiest way to recreate the look and feel of a similar email and I see the nice and easy way to copy the campaign and then make the needed changes. I was so happy! My joy was very short lived as I tried to recreate what I saw online only to see there was no 'Copy' option. I fumbled around with some of the others and finally gave up and Googled, "where is the copy feature on Constant Contact" and was brought to this page. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I was counting on this being easy. I don't have time to recreate everything right now.

Signed, a new and very unhappy customer

I use a particular template and would like to recreate it in the new format but can't because of the no copying issue.

CollegeHilleNewsletter

Hello @chenewsletter,

I apologize for any inconvenience, but you can't recreate an email by copying it. You can recreate it in the new format by choosing a different template under the Campaigns Tab and choosing the create option. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Frequent Participant

This is insane.