[Legacy Email Editor Retirement] No longer able to copy legacy email

SOLVED
Go to solution
OfficeM576
Regular Participant

[Legacy Email Editor Retirement] No longer able to copy legacy email

I want to copy an email, as I have always done, but there is no longer an option to do this. I have also tried to contact Constant Contact but the chat never opens and the phone calls doesn't get answered. I have been trying for several days.

Thanks, Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello everyone!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your legacy campaign. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This up-to-date editor does have the ability to be copied

Additionally, we have an article that specifically goes over some of the differences and similarities between the legacy editor and our current one. Feel free to peruse our Knowledge Base for other helpful guides, tutorial videos, tips, and basic troubleshooting assistance regarding the editor.

If you'd like some live, one-on-one guidance and screensharing, our friendly phone support staff would be happy to assist you while you make the transition. They can also collect info on what template(s) you'd like to have transposed into the current editor, or get an order written up if you'd like a wholly different, branded template created.

We welcome any feedback about this editor. If you would like to see a feature included, please leave your feedback here. This directly posts to our Get Feedback area where posts are read by the Product team. They use the feedback left by customers to make decisions on future feature updates based on what is getting the most volume. While we welcome your thoughts and comments here, it is best to post on that board so your feedback can be tracked easier.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

258 REPLIES 258

I will try to set it up in the new format. 

I am very very upset that the copy function has been disabled. I am now looking into a new mail program as I do not have the time to recreate all my emails. ANyone have feedback using ?

Hello @H.F ,

Only the ability to copy emails made in the defunct legacy editor has been removed. I'd recommend taking a look at our Knowledge Base for its plethora of helpful articles to ease the transition to our current, mobile-friendly email builder. For starters, you may be interested in this article on transitioning between the two buildersThe current builder’s emails can be copied.

If you'd like one-on-one guidance, our general support agents can work with you live on the phone to get started as well. You can also request to have your legacy template remade in the new editor by one of the professional designers, or to have an entirely new one created for a price.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Can you please reverse this decision? I use a recognizable, longstanding template that I cannot recreate. It is now unavailable as it is noted as a legacy email. I used to copy it each time and use a different message. I am stuck now. :frown:

ChrisK75
Occasional Participant

Ridiculous. Last straw.

This change with no time to plan... I am going to recommend switching providers.

RebeccaS6
Regular Participant

I feel the same way.  This may be the end for my connection with Constant Contact.

Fatherhood
Regular Participant

UNBELIEVABLE.  I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS WAS DONE WITHOUT GIVING NOTICE.  IF I HAVE TO REDO EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH IT MAY PAY TO USE A DIFFERENT PLATFORM.  VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND NOT AT ALL CUSTOMER CENTRIC.  ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Go all of you who replied.
Constant Contact did create a similar email for me. It took 3 days and they did it for free.
I was grateful, but the days of 2-5 minute campaigns are over. The new system is very slow and designed for a serious novice. It takes a minimum of 20 minutes.
Good luck
RebeccaS6
Regular Participant

I agree.  I'm not happy about this at all.

THE_BAY
Regular Participant

This is incredibly disappointing and wastes so much time.  
I have tried this create path for hours last night.  I don't want to completely recreate.  I went to 'recent' and keep getting an error message.  Please bring back copy.  I use it for ALL OF OUR CAMPAIGNS.

BradS41
Regular Participant

I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE NEW EDITOR

MattS32
Regular Participant

This is not inconvenience, Frankie.  This is a train wreck!!!!   It never occurred to you guys to tell anyone before simply ending the copy function???  Now I have to recreate an email every week from scratch?  Who thinks this is good customer service?  Apparently you have so much business you can afford to alienate 10 year customers.  I am happy for you.

Hello @MattS32,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We did send out emails to all of our customer throughout the course of a year and longer to let everyone know that we were moving towards a new editing system and creating emails in the outdated system would not be available anymore shortly. I will submit your feedback on this, and we do appreciate you letting us know how you feel about our upgrade. Please let us know if we can answer any questions about our new editing system. Thanks!

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

The new editor does not even work.  I click the NEW link and get the calendar view.  Useless.  I am switching.  Mad as hell and want a refund.

RebeccaS6
Regular Participant

I'm not happy with the new editing system and loved the old version.  As you can see from the comments in this thread there are a lot of people that are not happy about this change.  If I felt the change was actually improving user-functionality I would be fine with the change, but sadly it is just creating more problems and now feels like a waste of time.  

Hello @RebeccaS6,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused from this Copy feature not being available on your campaign. The ability to copy Legacy Newsletter templates has been disabled since we are moving forward with our updated editor and are dedicating resources to making this editor the best it can be. Because of this we would recommend recreating your template in our updated editor. This updated editor does have the ability to be copied. With that said, are there any features in particular that are causing you to continue copying these Legacy Newsletter Templates? We welcome any feedback about this editor so we can forward your thoughts to our Product team.

Zoe H.

Why should I pay hundreds of dollars to recreate my newsletter.  Too late, 

Good Bye

My review of the new editor.  It sucks.  Only 5 blocks to  choose from, no tables, no html.  Wordpress has over 20 blocks and has 16 plus html to create what you want.  What a joke.

NancyM02
Regular Participant

@Jeff10240:  a few minutes ago I replied to your other earlier email, voted for it, and wrote a rant to the three moderators.  In my previous to you, I noted that the alternative you suggested in your first message was blanked out (twice!), and asked you to send the name to me    A  month has passed, so I'm hoping you'll see one or both of my messages replying to you.  Here you mention Wordpress, is that what you were referring to?   Have you found a way to migrate your CC email campaign mailing list to an alternate provider?   Maybe just a simple export/download, haven't tried yet til I know where I'm going when we jump off the CC ship. 

BTW doesn't it seem bizarrely ironic that this text message editor for this CC forum does provides tools for inserting HTML, tables, etc. ?

This is idiotic.  Why force users to recreate an email rather than modify an existing one!! Your help knowledge base still has information on how to copy.  Why should I pay for a lousy service when I can use for free.

FieldSchoolPTO
Occasional Participant

So annoying!  I'm a volunteer at my kid's school using this program...a previous person in my role originally created our campaign, I have no idea how to recreate everything.  What a bad idea from Constant Contact to take this feature away!