Line Indent??

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

I love the new third generation editor however i don't see any way to indent a line.  Am I missing something? Can this editing function be added? Tab key does not work either... So that's not an option.

Thank you!

Top Answer
Briody_W
Employee

We are locking this post and ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea for the ability to indent text. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on the linked post above helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams.

53 REPLIES 53
JustinM310
Rookie
0 Votes

Any progress on this?  This is such a basic feature.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @JustinM310,

We will update this thread if any updates are made! Thanks. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AaronH310
Rookie
0 Votes

Has there even been an explanation or an excuse for why you are ignoring us? How many disgruntled people is the tipping point? Do we need a campaign? Is public outcry in the marketplace which affects your brand reputation the only means to motivate? Becasue asking has for sure amounted to ZERO action. Just placation. So I guess I should say ZERO MEANINGFUL action. This should not be hard. Are your developers incapable of it? I would think not. We could probably crowd source the code rewrites at this point. You keep saying  you'll make it known to the developers. How about make it known to the comptroller, the treasurer, the CFO, the investors? Whoever is watching the bank accounts. Because someone pays the developers I assume and perhaps it's not yet considered to be having any impact on the money. "Meh. They won't leave over that." We won't? You don't expect people to leave after being ignored for 2 years over a simple and basic function found in the most elementary text editor? So do we have to all just leave for better services to get something put in that is basic? Like basic basic.

Also why am I marked a new member? I have been paying for ConstantContact since 2011. Hardly new here.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AaronH310,

I apologize for any inconvenience from this feature not being available. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though this may be the case, as previously mentioned in this thread,  we recommend adding underscores and changing the font color to match the background color. You can also copy and paste text that includes a tab from an external source (like Microsoft Word). Our editor will convert these tabs into non-breaking spaces that can be saved. Also, I don't see you being marked as a new customer here on the Community. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST