Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Editing line spacing in CPE

What a useless cheap email editor, it's just unbelievable.
I don't know where to start, you just have no real control over the look of the emails, neither in fonts, horizontal spacing/padding, especially how the mobile version should look afterwards. Not even HTML headings (h1, h2...) can be set/predefined (not to speak of own classes), you always have to format everything again. Images are ALWAYS set to full width in mobile view, fixed width or horizontal padding are not possible. Google Fonts are not really implemented, they are not loaded at the client anyway (and even no 'Montserrat' font offered). Lists ALWAYS have "1.0" line spacing, no matter what you set and you can't edit/change/color the bullets. We are often forced to insert text as an image. We cannot edit the email's HTML, or insert our own style sheet.
The list of shortcomings and restrictions while editing the very first eMail as a new designer/employee of a foundation using CC was ENDLESS, the user experience is just horrible, the look of the emails is horrible as well, especially on mobile devices. (Even) is 4 x better. I will recommend to change the provider.

8 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @AnnaC639 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We're always open to ways we can better our user's experience. With that said, the good news is the feature requests you have mentioned are feature requests we are tracking. In fact we recommend commenting directly on the threads for controlling mobile image sizing, editing your list line spacingchanging the appearance of list bullets. As for your google fonts not displaying correctly, which email client are you viewing your email through? Does this happen when using more than one email client?

SueA97
Marketing Legend

I totally agree with this.  This new version sucks big time.  Hate it.

SueA97
Marketing Legend

Constant Contact needs to support the old version again.  This new version is a horrible mess.

SBTRC
Rookie

I still cannot display images.  What is the point of using Constant Contact if we can't use images.  This has been going on since June.  Please refund my monthly fees for June-October...when your service didn't work.

SueA97
Marketing Legend

I'm looking at other options now.

Barb0702
Rookie

Line spacing seems to get stuck. Choosing a Single Line can still leave huge double spaces, particularly in cut/paste mode.  

Frankie_P

Hi @Barb0702

Does removing problematic formatting help with copying and pasting your text from an outside source?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that the ability to control line spacing in our Cross Platform Editor is now available. If it is still occurring or if you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to respond to this post as we would be happy to assist you further.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More