Lines on sent email....

ChadA34
Campaign Collaborator

So we have some line that are showing up on the sent emails. So far it's just this one. Everything looks fine in the browser/editor. Then you send and bam, lines. Any thoughts? FYI it's in Outlook. We've annotated the lines with blue circles.

messed up message.png

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

We do not have any other planned fixes or workarounds to provide as these lines are an issue within Outlook and this issue has affected us and many other email marketing providers. Microsoft is aware of the issue and our teams are closely watching for fixes that are made available. If any are made available, our product teams will take advantage of them and make any necessary updates. I certainly understand how important it is for your email to display properly for your contacts and I'm sorry that we do not have any updates at this time.

42 REPLIES 42
Amber_L
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @CKSAtlanta ,

Thank you for reaching out about this. This is a widespread bug with Microsoft Outlook that affects all emails, not just Constant Contact. Microsoft is aware of the issue and we're closely watching for fixes that are made available. If any are made available, we will take advantage of them. At this time though there have been no updates. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
PowerInnAlliance
Campaign Collaborator

Under 'Design' go to 'Buttons & Dividers' and change that color to white or whatever the background color is. Send a test email to yourself and you will find no lines! :smileyface:

LeighS934
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you! that totally resolved the issue!

AshKey
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

There is another closed thread on this issue; https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Need-help-with-something-else/Lines-on-sent-email/td-p/3014... but Support seem to have helped with it. 

I am having the same problem and I've moved about the images/ blocks, and if I get rid of one line another seems to appear elsewhere. 

Hope someone can help!

Nichelle_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @AshKey,

We're very sorry to hear that lines are appearing in your email campaign as well. We are tracking this in customer accounts and our engineers are working as quickly as possible to get it resolved! We do know that this seems to be happening with email marketing templates from all email marketing companies. Nevertheless, in some cases, combining multiple blocks into one block will reduce the number of lines. Another workaround would be to match the Outer Background color of your email campaign with the Inner Background color. In your email campaign, click Design to change the background colors:

2018-02-06_13-28-30.png

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
AshKey
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Is there any resolution on this issue yet? I am still getting lines and making the inside and outside of the email the same colour does not work for my emails. 

Curtis_P
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AshKey,

Thank you for your response!

We are happy to look into this issue for you. Would you kindly send and email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post?

Thank you!

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CecoMarketing
Rookie
0 Votes

I am also getting lines in my emails. Very frustrating. I have contacted support about this issue on multiple occasions. I have tried troubleshooting about every way imaginable. I have matched background and inner colors and continue to get the same results. Hoping you can find a solution soon or we will have to find a different means of generating our company newsletter. FRUSTRATING! At this point I would not recommend your service to anyone.

Desi_B
Employee
0 Votes

Hey @CecoMarketing,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I apologize that this issue keeps persisting no matter the troubleshooting you try. Just for the sake of troubleshooting, are you able to see if the issue persists on another computer or device? Thank you so much for your time! 

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CecoMarketing
Rookie

Yes, we have tested this on numerous devices, not just 1 computer. Lines do not display on android devices. But consistently show when viewed with outlook. Our organization all uses windows 365 and outlook for our email. So this continues to be an issue.

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @CecoMarketing 

Thank you for following up with these details. We have added this information to the ticket created under your account to track this experience. This is however something that only affects Outlook. At this time lines appearing in Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2019 and Office 365 is something we are still troubleshooting with the help of Microsoft. This is a widespread bug with Microsoft Outlook that affects all emails, not just Constant Contact. In the meantime, another workaround we can suggest is dragging a block like a divider next to the affected block to create a new column. Once this column is created add all the affected blocks to one column. You will then delete the block/divider in the other column, so that the content is back to one column. Please let us know if this helps!

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CAINJ500
Rookie

I see that this thread started in 2018!!! This issue has still not been resolved, as of yet? I still see random lines on my emails that I do not see in constant contact when building. Or, even in my previes screen. PLEASE FIX THIS! 

CarolC188
Rookie
0 Votes

We are also experiencing this issue. It is extremely troubling when we are trying to finalize an email for our CEO. Please help us resolve this issue as soon as possible. thank, Lara

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @CarolC188,

Thank you for your feedback! We will submit it over to our engineers and this will be resolved eventually. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

SanJoseLibrary
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

It appears this has been going on for a while. I too am getting these black lines to appear randomly. It also appears when I match the background.

SanJoseLibrary_0-1598913428919.png

Amber_L
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SanJoseLibrary ,

Thank you for letting us know that you're still experiencing that even with the workarounds. I will be sure to track that in your account so that you can be notified when there is a resolution to it. 

Amber_L

PowerInnAlliance
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

OMG I've been having the same issue! But i think i just fixed it!!!

Under 'Design' there next to Buttons & Dividers, change the color to white, or whatever your background is. Then i sent a test email to myself and there were NO LINES!! I am so happy about this!! LOL

CorrineC3
Rookie
0 Votes

I am currently having this same issue. To be honest, I have seen comments from 2017 from customers complaining about the line issue. I just experienced this myself today and I am utterly frustrated. It seems like such a miniscule problem, but it's a big pain in my butt. I should not have to alter my original design to something different because of this. I understand the workaround works, but I don't want my email outer background to match my inner background...then the whole email clashes and it looks weird. Constant Contact claims this is an issue with Outlook and all third-party email vendors, but I find that very hard to believe. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AND MAKE A PUSH TO FIX THIS. I really would hate to look for other third-party email vendors. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST