Link Not Working

SOLVED
Go to solution
TracyD5191
Rookie
0 Votes
I am trying to send out an email campaign using PDF documents with an imbedded link for recipients to register for an event.  I tested the link in the original PDF document prior to downloading it to Constant Contact, and it works.

BUT, when I bring that document into Constant Contact, the link functionality gets removed.  So I selected the section of the email where the link should be and added it back in.

TracyD5191_0-1668180697105.png

However, when I click on the link from the Preview in Constant Contact, and from the test emails (both personal and business) I sent myself, the link functionality is not working properly. It seems the original link is being hijacked by spam sites, and in some cases just goes to a blank Google page.  I tried multiple times, and was directed to multiple different spam sites.

The link I'm using is valid.  And this is not an issue with my company controlling Internet settings since it's also happening in my personal email.

I would really appreciate some assistance with getting this working since it's critical to my campaign.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TracyD5191 ,

The issue is that you have an extra l before the dot. Your site should be bit.ly , not bitl.ly - that's what causing it to look (and probably be) very suspicious to your browser. When I corrected this error when pasting your URL into my address bar, your site loaded as expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TracyD5191 ,

The issue is that you have an extra l before the dot. Your site should be bit.ly , not bitl.ly - that's what causing it to look (and probably be) very suspicious to your browser. When I corrected this error when pasting your URL into my address bar, your site loaded as expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
TracyD5191
Rookie
0 Votes

Ug, I thought I had triple checked everything before posting.  Thank you for your quick response!!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST