Link to Update Profile Form

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need a direct link that I can send to customers who wish to update their profile. How do I access that without having customers try to retrieve old emails to find link at bottom?

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @FirstPresGB. We do not have a link to share that directly connects to the Update Profile form. We have an open idea on our Feedback boards surround the ability to have an Update Profile shareable link and suggest that you vote or comment on that idea. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate of if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post allows you to be notified of replies.

11 REPLIES 11
RW-Canada
Brand Visionary

I have about 3,000 contacts that are currently in a non-segmented portion of our distribution list. These clients receive “all” emails which we send out, this was great in the beginning. Now we find that we have segmentation working (for a total of seven segments) and send out blasts to one of each of the segments every week.

The problem we are having is the clients in the “All” group are receiving an email every week and this is turning out to be a bit much for them (we are seeing a number of them leaving us, as they receive too many emails).

What is the best way to reach out to the “All” group, and have them segment their own account? I know there is a link in the footer of an email to allow the client to Update Profile/Email Address, but getting the client to see this at the bottom in small print is a challenge. Is there a way to have an equivalent button to Update Profile/Email Address that I can include more prominently in the body of the email, and if so, how do I access it?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciate.

John

Amber_R
Employee

Hello @RW-Canada

That's a great question. I can completely understand wanting to give your readers an option to pick and choose which emails they would like to receive. At this time, the best way to have an additional link within your email would be to create another Web Sign-Up Form. This way you can give them the option to choose other lists they would like to receive updates from. The only downside to doing it this way is that this option will not remove them from the "All" category like it would in the Update Profile link if they wanted to remove themselves from it. 

Once your readers make these changes, you could certainly go through each segmented list and remove these contacts from the "All" category, leaving them only in the lists they chose. Then your "All" category could be the remaining folks who did not follow through with wanting to choose a particular category and you can send them a general weekly email. 

Otherwise, directing your readers to the Update Profile link within the email footer may be the best option if the above directions are not what you're looking for. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions about this method! 

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
RW-Canada
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Thanks Amber,

My solution was to remove the All category from any of our signup forms, and now directing clients to revisit the signup form.

For the clients that have done some segmentation and added in separate categories other than All, I manually added them into all the other groups. At this time, I know that everyone in the All category has not selected any other categories, so I will regularly revisit the subscribers and remove from the All group anyone that has segmented themselves.

Hayley_L
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community. Unfortunately, the Update Profile Form can only be accessed in the footer of your outgoing emails. Take a look at this FAQ that explains the Update Profile Form a little more in depth. You could always create a generic email and whenever someone is interested in Updating their profile, you can do a Quicksend and they could access the link from the footer of the email.This way, they don't have to search their old emails in order to update their profiles.

Hayley L

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
OmarA
Campaign Collaborator

Not sure why this is so complicated.  You already have an option to sign up.  Simply have another option to update one's profile.  We have to do this manually each time.  Informing customers to go to their email, click update your profile and THAT is in the hopes they EMAIL us about this.  

CraigG853
Constant Contact Partner

Totally agree! You cant' copy & paste the link since it's personalized, there should be a generic one that can be copy & pasted.

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @CraigG853,

Thank you for your feedback! I will gladly submit this over to our engineers for review. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
FirstPresGB
Rookie

I'm also looking for a general link to the update profile page that I can send in an email prompting our contacts to update their profile without the personalization that occurs when clicking update profile in the footer. How do I retrieve that update profile page url?

Thank you, 

Cheri

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstPresGB. We do not have a link to share that directly connects to the Update Profile form. We have an open idea on our Feedback boards surround the ability to have an Update Profile shareable link and suggest that you vote or comment on that idea. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate of if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post allows you to be notified of replies.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
UCCR.1
Rookie
0 Votes

Was a link ever provided? I am having the same issue I need my list to update their preferences as we have added many different folders. Right now, when I send myself a draft/test, the update profile link at the bottom isn't even linked. So I have two questions 1) Why isn't it linked and 2) is there a way to put a link in the body of the newsletter? Thanks!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @UCCR.1 ,

Make sure the UP form is turned on in your Account Settings, or it will not show in email footers as an option. There is not a way to provide an exact URL for it, nor to add it to the email body at this time. It's still a specially coded link that is based off of your account and the receiving contact, and doesn't populate until actually sent in a live email. As such, the UP form doesn't function in test emails, similar to the unsubscribe link it will only populate once the email is actually sent out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST