Link

SOLVED
Go to solution
AngelaA5962
Rookie
0 Votes

Trying to set up a link. Doesn't work. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @AngelaA5962. Constant Contact works differently from Outlook and other email clients as emails cannot be recalled once they are sent from our system if you have set the email to Send Now. If you need to make changes to a sent email, you can make a copy of the email, make the edits, and resend it to your lists. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AngelaA5962 ,

Can you elaborate any further on your issue? What type of link are you trying to setup - web page, email, or something else? Is it a valid URL setup that you can access on the internet - including in other browsers or incognito windows that don't require you to be logged into something specific? What is the exact error message?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
AngelaA5962
Rookie
0 Votes

Created an email campaign and realized I attached the wrong flyer. I could not recall/retract the emails I sent out. Outlook lets you recall a message. 

Does that help explain further?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @AngelaA5962. Constant Contact works differently from Outlook and other email clients as emails cannot be recalled once they are sent from our system if you have set the email to Send Now. If you need to make changes to a sent email, you can make a copy of the email, make the edits, and resend it to your lists. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

This only works for internally sent emails using Outlook's system. If you'd sent an email to someone using Gmail or another system outside of Outlook, you wouldn't be able to recall it.

Sending emails through our system (or any ESP for that matter), you are only sending the emails externally, therefore it would be impossible to recall the email. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST