Linked In

KoolKel
Rookie
0 Votes

I send a weekly newsletter. I schedule it to also go to all 4 social channels (FB, Insta, Twitter and Linked IN). Lately the post on Linked IN is missing the PHOTO. It goes out everywhere else just fine. I'm scheduling it to save time but it's not working and I have to delete and then re-post. It's frustrating. Can you please help?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KoolKel ,

Does the image being applied to the post match with LinkedIn's image sizing recommendations?

Have you disconnected your LinkedIn account, removed our permissions from your LI account's side, then re-connected the accounts to see if that fixes the API connection?

When you're creating your social posts, are you doing variations for each social platform, or are you creating a singular version of the post across all of them? If you're not doing variations, does doing so for LinkedIn allow the image to show?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KoolKel ,

Does the image being applied to the post match with LinkedIn's image sizing recommendations?

Have you disconnected your LinkedIn account, removed our permissions from your LI account's side, then re-connected the accounts to see if that fixes the API connection?

When you're creating your social posts, are you doing variations for each social platform, or are you creating a singular version of the post across all of them? If you're not doing variations, does doing so for LinkedIn allow the image to show?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KoolKel
Rookie
0 Votes

There is no size issue, I schedule all 4 the same with no variation between social profiles at all. The photo just does not show up there. It shows up everywhere else fine. Sometimes it works on Linked IN and sometimes it does not. No rhyme or reason. I have not disconnected Linked In, why would I need to do that? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Sometimes there are errors in the API connection that can be resolved by fully resetting the connection - i.e. disconnecting the accounts, removing our app from the social page, then reconnecting. This is a standard troubleshooting step when it comes to addressing social platform posting issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST