Linked document contiues to show.

FrankG_BPD64
Rookie
0 Votes

After sending an email it was determined that an incorrect document was uploaded to the library and linked to the email.  I tried to replace the document but the old one continued to show up.  I deleted the document from the library, but the document continues to show when the link in the email is clicked.  I contacted support and was advised that there is nothing that can be done once the email is sent.  

I would like to confirm this, and if true, this is unacceptable and I will need to look for an alternative service.  

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FrankG_BPD64 ,

You can replace documents in emails, if you used the Inert Document method. If you added the document as a raw link, then it is unlikely to update, due to how email coding works, and how email programs' security has to treat such links. For more info on document replacement, please see our main article on the subject.

If you've replaced a document and you're still seeing the old one when you click the Insert Document-type link, make sure to clear your browser's cache and fully close out of it. Or you can wait 24 hours for your browser's cache to do some basic refreshes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FrankG_BPD64
Rookie
0 Votes

The old document continues to show when the email link is clicked, even though the document has been deleted from the Constant Contact library.  For my purposes, this is unacceptable behavior.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Deleting an item from your account doesn't break a link / make it inaccessible. Please call our general support so they can reach out to our higher level technical team to try and break the link. You'll need to make sure the account owner or someone able to confirm security permissions is the one calling. I'd also advise having the link and name of the email ready to expedite this process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FrankG_BPD64
Rookie
0 Votes

FYI, I spoke with general support yesterday and they told me nothing could be done. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST