LinkedIn Sharing no longer works. Can not authenticate.

Visitor

LinkedIn Sharing no longer works. Can not authenticate.

I have tried for weeks to reconnect my LinkedIn account for Social Sharing without any luck.  These accounts previously worked but now I am getting the notice that they need to be "Fixed".  When I click the link it spins with reauthorizing and never changes.  It also creates a pop up window in which it would normally have the ability to login to LInkedIn and authorize but its a blank pop up with the error message that says "Oops, there was a problem connecting with this page.  Please close this window and try again."   I try and try but with no change. 

I tried this in my normal Safari Browser and then in Chrome with the same results.  It acts like it can not find the URL that CC is directing to.  I tried the online chat but got no where with that.  They suggested I just share with the link to the email, which I have been doing but that negates the ability to automatically share using the Social Share Calendar feature.  

I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts but when you click to add a new account I get the same pop up with error.  

Please provide a solution or guidance. 

CC Screen shot.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: LinkedIn Sharing no longer works. Can not authenticate.

Hello @JenniferS501. I apologize for the errors that you're seeing when trying to connect your LinkedIn account. I see that you did engage in a chat with one of our agents about this issue as well and you did do some troubleshooting with trying different browsers.

Some customers are experiencing an issue when trying to connect their LinkedIn accounts to Social Share. It is an issue that our engineers are working hard to fix. At this time, we recommend that you use the Share URL to post your campaign to your LinkedIn account until this is resolved. I understand this is not ideal but this will give you the opportunity to share your campaign. 

I will track this issue for you and our engineers will reach out to you via the contact email on your account when there is an update or the issue is resolved. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.