The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Linking Button to Phone Number

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Linking Button to Phone Number

Hello!

I’m trying to link a button to a phone number. It seemed intuitive that Constant Contact would accept the “tel:” protocol when you customize links, however I’m prompted to enter a valid protocol (“http:/“ or “mailto:” when I try to link a phone number—can you confirm that Constant Contact does not permit linking buttons to phone numbers? This was a helpful article explaining that phone numbers are converted to clickable links by most phone-based email clients. However, I would like to use the button as a call to action, rather than simply the phone number, and would appreciate your suggestions on how to make that happen.

Thank you!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Linking Button to Phone Number

Hi @JosephC9193 

I can understand how helpful it would be to link phone numbers in your email. I apologize at this time this is not an available feature. I have however submitted your feedback on this to the appropriate teams as this is a feature request we are collecting feedback on. In the meantime if you insert the phone number as text, some devices will automatically link it. However it is important to note we cannot control which devices will link it.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @JosephC9193 

I can understand how helpful it would be to link phone numbers in your email. I apologize at this time this is not an available feature. I have however submitted your feedback on this to the appropriate teams as this is a feature request we are collecting feedback on. In the meantime if you insert the phone number as text, some devices will automatically link it. However it is important to note we cannot control which devices will link it.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the feedback, Frankie. I appreciate your attention to this feature request. Will you be reaching out to Constant Contact users if/when this feature becomes available?

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Hi @JosephC9193 

I'm glad we were able to help answer your question. The release of any features like this are announced to our customers through Product Updates, here in the Community, and the Notification Center in your account as well.

2019-04-11_14-17-55.png

Frankie.P

Highlighted

This is such a basic feature. I just assumed it was there and now that I need it it isn't. Maybe I need to shop around for a new provider. CC just doesn't seem to be on the ball with some really basic features.

Highlighted

Have any updates been made in Constant Contact to allow for this feature? I know the has the option to place a button that allows you to make a call. They also have a button feature that you can connect to an email address that allows you to insert a subject line as well as text to start off the email. Its a great feature to get around the absense of a "Call to Book" option. I love Constant Contact but it seems as if you do not have as many features all arouind as ....

Highlighted
Employee

Hey there @ChangesPlasticSurgery we definitely hear your feedback and concerns on this! Having a "Call to book an appointment" button would definitely be beneficial to have in your emails. I will track your feedback on our end, however in the meantime I did want to let you know that even though we do not have an option to link phone numbers at this time, phone numbers are usually auto-linked by some mobile devices already.

So for example, if you were to place a button in your email that said "Call (xxx)-xxx-xxxx to book your first appointment today!" there's a good chance devices will have that phone number linked as click-to-call! 

We truly appreciate your feedback on this, please reach out if you have any other questions or concerns for us!

Brigitte P

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Retail

You guys really don't care about our feedback. This is still not working properly, it is 3/10/2020 today. My latest iPhone is still not detecting the phone number. The button will never work. It's just orders and sales that are made difficult to us, so you're right, it's nothing... 

Highlighted

Hi @HarryM16 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this feature as well! I have taken a look at your campaign and can see your phone number was added as text in a button. I would recommend adding your number as regular text outside of a button. Does your iPhone recognize your phone number after making this update?

Frankie.P

Highlighted

DO NOT USE THE BOTTON, JUST TYOE THE NUMBER SEPARATING 3 NUMBERS AT THE TIME WITH A SCORE AND +1 IN FRONT. IT WORKS FOR ME BROTHER!

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured