Linking an email address

KellyK6689
Rookie

I am just trying to create a link to an email address but when I test out the message, I get an error - "The specified procedure could not be found." 

This should be an easy link to create...the link looks like: mailto: and the email address... What is wrong? 

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KellyK6689 ,

Make sure you're setting up the link correctly when constructing your email. You're not going to be doing the webpage option and typing out "matilto:," you're going to be explicitly selecting the email option for linking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
PFMA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me. I know how to enter the links - we send notices out daily, but I keep getting that error message whenever I try to do an email address. I even deleted and retried, but it still does not work.  I cheked a different email blast that a coworker sent out earlier today and the same thing happens.

William_A
Administrator

Hello @PFMA ,

Is the issue occurring when you're actually inserting the mailto: link, or when you're attempting to open it in your email program? If it's an issue occurring in your email program, that's indicating the email program isn't working correctly with the mailto: link. When I checked your account, and test sent several of your emails, all the mailto: links I tested opened a new email to compose as expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
PFMA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

It's happening when I attempt to open it in Outlook. Nothing has changed that I am aware of, so I'm not sure why I am getting the message. I did reach out to my coworker to see if is is happening on his end, as well, but have not yet heard back. Just thought it was odd.

PFMA
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

My apologies - my coworker just replied and it is working fine for him. I did have a non-related computer issue that was resolved yesterday by our IT folks - perhaps that has affecting my settings somehow. I will reach out to them about it. Thank you for your quick reply, btw. Greatly appreciate it!

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

We're happy to hear the issue was resolved (or will be shortly), but if you still need more assistance please don't hesitate to reply back to this thread!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

KellyK6689
Rookie
0 Votes

It was an issue with my computer or my Outlook; it wasn't Constant Contact. Annette, I hope you got your problem resolved also! Thanks, Nick, for your help. My IT fixed my Outlook, I am good to go now. :smileyface: 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST