Linking documents that will open in new window

Occasional Participant

Linking documents that will open in new window

I'm trying to link a pdf that will either download or open in a new window. I have two links (youtube and document) in one email that should be viewed side by side when opened but they are opening in the same window so the user has to toggle back and forth. I know that I was able to set documents to download not that long ago...but I'm flummoxed now! Please help!

1 REPLY 1

Hi @FirstParkChurch 

Your email’s PDF link and YouTube video opening into two separate windows is actually functioning as designed. From the PDF window is where a reader will be able to download the document. I apologize at this time there is no way to have a PDF automatically download to your reader’s computer.

2020-04-09_18-06-23.png

On the other hand, linking a word document does force readers to download and open it. However it’s important to point out not all readers may have the necessary program on their computer or mobile device to open a word document.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.