List Review is a joke and I may quit CC because of it

Regular Participant

List Review is a joke and I may quit CC because of it

Just experienced our first List Review in 6 years on this platform and it was the most inefficient, non-transparent, and infuriating process. Not to mention the disruption to business, which is unacceptable.

It was an utter waste of time to sit and count the ways in which we collect our data - why not just sent out a survey instead and THEN follow-up with users directly. An additional waste of time while I had to sit and listen to a long list of 'helpful tips' that are all things we already do on a regular basis and have integrated into routine best practice.

Not only have I been an 'All Star' every single year since subscribing to this platform, our average unsubscribe rate in the last four years is 0.14%. We are part of local government org that must adhere to FERPA laws, much more stringent than an average business. Please tell me what, exactly, warrants this invasive, disruptive 'review' process.

This entire process, its 'trigger' parameters, and the communication around it need to be completely redone.

1 REPLY 1
Administrator

Hello @SaintPaulCommunityEd. I apologize for the experience you have had and any inconvenience this has caused for your business. The List Review team does have specific criteria that causes accounts to be flagged for reviews. While we are not able to discuss publicly here in the Community what caused you to have a review, I appreciate you providing us your feedback on the List Review process and I will submit it to that department. I apologize again if this caused you any disruption.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.