The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

List management

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

List management

If I validly add a contact who had 1. previously unsubscribed or 2. who I deleted due to delivery fails, will the contact start receiving my CC emails?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: List management

Hello @DanG8496,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! If your contact unsubscribed from your Constant Contact mailings in the past, adding them back into your account will make the contact go back into your unsubscribed list so they will not receive your email newsletters. If a contact bounced and never received your mailings and you deleted them from the account, you can add them back in at anytime and try to send to them again. They may bounce back again though, but you can view all of that information under the reporting page.  

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee

Hello @DanG8496,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! If your contact unsubscribed from your Constant Contact mailings in the past, adding them back into your account will make the contact go back into your unsubscribed list so they will not receive your email newsletters. If a contact bounced and never received your mailings and you deleted them from the account, you can add them back in at anytime and try to send to them again. They may bounce back again though, but you can view all of that information under the reporting page.  

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thanks for that clear and helpful answer! best to you, Zoe

@Zoe_H wrote:

Hello @DanG8496,

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi there, mine is somewhat of a follow up question to this.  If I copy 4 lists into 1 large list and then go delete the 4 lists, does it remove those email/contacts from the overall constant contact.  OR is there a way for me to archive the 4 lists so they do not show and I would only view/use the 1 large list?

Highlighted

Hi @DeanneS41 

That's a great question! At this time we do not currently offer the ability to archive a list. You can export a copy into an excel file and store in your computer. But the good news is once your lists are merged, you do have the option to delete the older 4 lists without removing the addresses from your overall account

Frankie.P

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you yes it was helpful.  I renamed them archive and forced them to be last on my list.  We are just too nervous to delete overall  But thank you very much.  **Suggestion box for future - archive option would be great!

Highlighted

Hi @DeanneS41 

I'm happy to hear my workarounds have helped! Being able to archive a list is definitely a great feature request we have tracked in your account in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured