List of unsubscribers who did not unsubscribe!

Participant

List of unsubscribers who did not unsubscribe!

I just got our unsubscribers' listings and there were several on there I wondered about, so I send them a private email asking why they unsubscrbed. One response so far and he said he did NOT unsubscribe. How can I fix this? 

I also went to my email reports and checked the unsubs, and some of them were not there.

Is this a glich in the Constant Contact program? 

Needs to get fixed!

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JudyC07,

I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. This FAQ will assist you in getting them re-subscribed. 

When an e-mail is sent to a specific contact through our system the Unsubscribe link in the footer is tied to that e-mail address. If the recipient then turns around and forwards the e-mail to a friend it will still be connected to the original address. If the friend hits the Unsubscribe button it will unsubscribe the original recipient. This is a common reason people who did not intend to be unsubscribed will show as unsubscribed.

I recommend sending us an e-mail at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a mention of this post and include the contacts who are showing up on your unsubscriber listing but not on the report. We can investigate why they might not be showing up.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Established Member

Is there any way for Constant Contact to "see" when an email delivered to an inbox is later forwarded with a browser's Forward function?

If so, would Constant Contact be able to add some programming so that, when an email is forwarded in a browser, the Unsubscribe linkage to the original recipient is disabled or removed altogether?

Michael

Hello @mchristo,

That's a great question. We cannot track Forwards when it is initiated through the recipient's email program, but if they use the Forward button in the footer of the e-mail we can definitely track it. And if they do use the built-in Forward option it will disable the Unsubscribe function so the original recipient will not be affected if they happen to try and click on it. 

I've highlighted where to find the Forward button below:

2016-10-06_19-15-03.png

It's my understanding Constant Contact has no control over the e-mail retaining the original recipient's address when forwarded using the person's e-mail program. Because it's being done through the email program, it's basically taking a clone of the e-mail and sending it off to the next person. But, just in case, I will certainly pass this feedback along to our product teams. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.