List segmentation from poll block

SOLVED
Go to solution
BizTechWiz
Constant Contact Partner

As part of my onboarding campaign when someone enters my list, I want to get them to choose from a number of options to tell me where they're at and then depending on what they click they get put into an appropriate list which triggers an automation relevant to the stage they are at.

The Poll block would be great, but then that means I have to manually pull the respondents into an appropriate list which isn't great for an automated welcome sequence.

There is a link segmenting feature on normal links, so it would be great to have that feature in the poll block.

Otherwise is there an easy way to achieve this without having to create multiple 'noted' pages if I go the normal link route?

Thanks

Vee (Smith) Tanner
The Biz Tech Wiz
Web Tech De-Stresser
Certified Solution Provider
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BizTechWiz ,

We do have a feature request regarding expansion of click segmentation to other action blocks, beyond the current segmentation for image, text, and button links. I've gotten the request attached to your account so if and when the engineers have any updates, you'll be notified directly.

In the meantime, the best workarounds would likely be using landing pages in tandem with button / other link types. This could be set up in either one of two ways:

1. Create a Custom Landing Page that simply says "Thank you for expressing your interest! You should start to receive mailings on this topic shortly," or something to that effect. The click segmentation associated with the button they click will take care of assigning that contact to the automation series list you create.
  2. Create a Lead Generation Landing Page that doesn't require anything beyond the email address, unless you want other info from the contact for that particular list / series. That way the contact is expressly signing themselves up before committing to the auto series. This method would not use click segmentation.

Either of the two above methods should work for your purposes, though obviously having the poll block or something else purely within the email would be more streamlined. These methods would ideally only require you to do one additional step beyond the requested setup, which is creating the landing page(s) in question. You could even use the exact same CLP, since the segmentation is attached to the button / text / image that's linking to the CLP, not the actual URL itself. This would be the most streamlined method available for both you and your contacts.

If you go with the LGLP method, you'd need to set one up for each list / auto series (you can just copy a previous one and change the list it's associated with). However, it would make sure that interested contacts are absolutely understanding that they're signing up for additional emails. This could help avoid contacts having accidental-click "please remove / unsubscribe me" situations that impose even more work on you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BizTechWiz ,

We do have a feature request regarding expansion of click segmentation to other action blocks, beyond the current segmentation for image, text, and button links. I've gotten the request attached to your account so if and when the engineers have any updates, you'll be notified directly.

In the meantime, the best workarounds would likely be using landing pages in tandem with button / other link types. This could be set up in either one of two ways:

1. Create a Custom Landing Page that simply says "Thank you for expressing your interest! You should start to receive mailings on this topic shortly," or something to that effect. The click segmentation associated with the button they click will take care of assigning that contact to the automation series list you create.
  2. Create a Lead Generation Landing Page that doesn't require anything beyond the email address, unless you want other info from the contact for that particular list / series. That way the contact is expressly signing themselves up before committing to the auto series. This method would not use click segmentation.

Either of the two above methods should work for your purposes, though obviously having the poll block or something else purely within the email would be more streamlined. These methods would ideally only require you to do one additional step beyond the requested setup, which is creating the landing page(s) in question. You could even use the exact same CLP, since the segmentation is attached to the button / text / image that's linking to the CLP, not the actual URL itself. This would be the most streamlined method available for both you and your contacts.

If you go with the LGLP method, you'd need to set one up for each list / auto series (you can just copy a previous one and change the list it's associated with). However, it would make sure that interested contacts are absolutely understanding that they're signing up for additional emails. This could help avoid contacts having accidental-click "please remove / unsubscribe me" situations that impose even more work on you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BizTechWiz
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Thanks, I think both options will work :smileyface:

Vee (Smith) Tanner
The Biz Tech Wiz
Web Tech De-Stresser
Certified Solution Provider
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST