Low conversion rate on gated content

SOLVED
Go to solution
CIFMarketing0296
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I'm running a gated content campaign using a Constant Contact landing page. I've had more than 300 visitors to the landing page but only five people who have downloaded the gated content. The only thing I'm asking for is an email address to download the content: no name, company, zip code, etc. People are obviously clicking on the ad to get to the landing page, but they are not converting once they land. Any ideas to improve conversion rate? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee

Hi @CIFMarketing0296 , 

Where exactly are you sharing this landing page? Is it being shared on all social media sites, or just within an email campaign? Sharing the landing page on as many sites as possible, (your website, your social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc., and within your email campaigns), gives the landing page the most possible visibility. 

You might also consider sharing the landing page within a lead advertisement, so you'll be able to target specific demographics based on interest. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amanda_G
Employee

Hi @CIFMarketing0296 , 

Where exactly are you sharing this landing page? Is it being shared on all social media sites, or just within an email campaign? Sharing the landing page on as many sites as possible, (your website, your social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc., and within your email campaigns), gives the landing page the most possible visibility. 

You might also consider sharing the landing page within a lead advertisement, so you'll be able to target specific demographics based on interest. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CIFMarketing0296
Campaign Contributor

Thanks for your response! Yes, I've shared it across several of our social media sites and in an email campaign. In the past, when I've created a landing page on our website, the conversion rate was much higher. This time I used Constant Contact and am wondering if there is something that makes these pages less attractive for the end user. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST