Mail list duplication question?

Mail list duplication question?

I am newer to constant contact. I inherited a multiple year contact list broken out by year name. Some years there are most of the the same people and just a few new added to the list each year. We have an annual event I want to invite all of them to. 

If I send out an email invite to all lists from each year (the whole list) will it send duplicates for each year they were on the list? Or will it selectively recognize that that same address is listed multiple times and just send it to them once? I don't want to miss anyone, yet I don't want send them the same invite for the multiple years they have been involved? 

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @SSCFSeattleSportsmensConservationFoundat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! That is a great question. Thankfully, Constant Contact will filter the duplicates so we will only send an email to an email address once even if that address is in multiple lists. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.