Insert a phone link into an email with the Cross Device Editor

SOLVED
Go to solution
EdwardB881
Rookie
0 Votes

Why don't I see the option to add a link to a Phone in my editor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EdwardB881 ,

this is a feature only available in templates built using the Cross-Device / Platform Editor (CPE). Emails built using the older editor will not have this option. Your latest draft is using the older editor, quickly distinguished by the large orange Continue button in the top-right corner of the editor.

You'll need to build an email using the CPE to be able to manually add phone linking. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EdwardB881 ,

this is a feature only available in templates built using the Cross-Device / Platform Editor (CPE). Emails built using the older editor will not have this option. Your latest draft is using the older editor, quickly distinguished by the large orange Continue button in the top-right corner of the editor.

You'll need to build an email using the CPE to be able to manually add phone linking. 

William A
EdwardB881
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for that information. I see the info for the CPE editor. Can you tell me if there is a way to use previous emails as templates and then create a CPE based newsletter? Or will I have to recreate the email entirely?

Thank you.

Lisa

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If the email you're copying isn't immediately transferring over into the current editor at this point, then it might've been originally constructed from a template that hasn't been made compatible yet. If that's case, you'll likely need to recreate it, or put in a request with our phone support team / work with them live on a recreation.

For an overview of how the CPE works, I'd advise perusing this article, which will include links to more specific step-by-step instructions for creation, updated features, etc.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST