Manually resubscribe a contact

FirstNameL10623
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi all,

Is there a way to resubscribe a group of contacts instead of manually resubscribe a contact individually?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL10623 ,

For Compliance contacts' have to resubscribed to you on an individual basis. If a contact has been marked as unsubscribed from you, you'll need to go through the resubscription process. However the easiest method for a contact to resubscribe to you would be for them to go through one of your sign up forms.

If they’re unable to get signed back up through a sign up form or through the resub email, you can request our Review team do a manual override of the unsubscription. You’ll need to get an email directly from the contact explicitly stating they want to be resubscribed. Then you’ll need to call into the Review team, and follow their processes from there.

Since there are a number of legal and Compliance-related elements to unsubscribing and resubscribing, we have to make sure one of these three processes is followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FirstNameL10623
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that the easiest way is to use the sign up form to resubscribe them.

However, if I am using the signup form, I will not be able to send them as a group listing because they have already unsubscribed. We are unable to send content/landing page to unsubcribers.

Kindly advise.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. The contact themselves should be resubscribing through your forms, since the whole point is that they themselves are consenting to receiving the emails again. If the unsubscribed contact resubscribes to you through a sign up form you've created and hosted somewhere (previous email, website, social media page, etc.), then they'll have re-consented to receiving the emails again.

If you are the one doing the resubscribing for the contact, you need to either send them the resubscription email, or you need to get an explicit email from the contact, then reach out to our Delivery team.

For more details on these processes, please refer to the links in my earlier message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST