Mass Contact Deletion from Existing List

SOLVED
Go to solution
JulieN95
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

my company is wondering if it is possible to mass delete a select group from a preexisting list? For example, we have a spreadsheet of around 700 names that need to be taken off a list they are on. is there a way we can remove these 700 contacts in mass from that list and leave the others alone?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JulieN95 ,

If you have a list of 700 contacts that needs to be removed, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Upload the 700 you want removed, and make a new list as part of the upload process. Call it something obvious like "700 for Removal."
  2. Once uploaded, go to that list and select-all the 700 or so contacts in it.
  3. With all the contacts in the Removal list selected, click Actions > Remove from List > select the list you want them removed from.

If you're also wanting these contacts completely deleted from your account, you can then select-all the contacts in your Removal list again, and this time click Actions > Delete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JulieN95 ,

If you have a list of 700 contacts that needs to be removed, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Upload the 700 you want removed, and make a new list as part of the upload process. Call it something obvious like "700 for Removal."
  2. Once uploaded, go to that list and select-all the 700 or so contacts in it.
  3. With all the contacts in the Removal list selected, click Actions > Remove from List > select the list you want them removed from.

If you're also wanting these contacts completely deleted from your account, you can then select-all the contacts in your Removal list again, and this time click Actions > Delete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST