Mass Emails and Deliverability

SOLVED
Go to solution
BrickC5
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, I am having trouble figuring out an email marketing issue I have.

I have many emails that I believe are being sent to promotional files in people's gmail accounts. I want to try to deter this from happening by segmenting my lists and making them smaller. 

If I have smaller lists but am still sending the same email to multiple lists, will this still be flagged as a big, mass email by gmail or other sites? Or will I have to copy the email multiple times and send to only one list at a time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BrickC5 ,

Great question! Even with smaller lists Gmail could still filter your emails to the Promotions tab because it sees that it is being delivered by a bulk sender like Constant Contact. What you could do, is encourage Gmail subscribers to add you as a Contact, or move the email to their Primary folder so that future emails are delivered there. This article goes over some steps and explains the Promotions folder a little more. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BrickC5 ,

Great question! Even with smaller lists Gmail could still filter your emails to the Promotions tab because it sees that it is being delivered by a bulk sender like Constant Contact. What you could do, is encourage Gmail subscribers to add you as a Contact, or move the email to their Primary folder so that future emails are delivered there. This article goes over some steps and explains the Promotions folder a little more. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST