Max Limit of Contacts in a Contact List

YahoM
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a limit on number of contacts per a single contact list. If yes, how many contacts can we add to a single contact list ?

Also, is there a limit on the number of contact lists? I saw it as 1000. Does this still apply?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Frankie_P

Hi @YahoM 

These are great questions! When it comes to your contacts, there is no limit to how many email addresses can be added in your account. Although there is no limit, it's always important to keep in mind we do charge based on the amount of active contacts in your account. So as your contact levels increase, so will your monthly charge. On the other hand, there is an existing limit of how many contact lists you can have. You are correct, this limit is 1,000 lists. Why you would want to have more lists? (E.g., very large list customer, very old list with years of data, needs to have historical record of lists and contacts.) Also, how do you typically use/manage their lists? Having these details is helpful feedback as having more than 1,000 lists is a feature request I can submit in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
YahoM
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Hi @Frankie_P,

Thanks for that. With respect to number of lists, I think we are still good with 1000. Just wanted to make sure we don't create too many inadvertently. 

I should have been clear on my question around number of contacts. 

I am looking for max number of contacts per list not account. Because, we would like to add contacts on a daily basis to fixed number of lists to send out emails. Just want to make sure that we don't really hit the limits, if any on the number of contacts per list. Hope that clarifies. 

Request you to kindly let me know that number (if any).

Thanks!

Desi_B
Employee

Hey @YahoM,

Thank you for the clarification! There is no limit to the number of contacts you can have in one list. You can have a list with as many contacts in it as you want, they don't need to be broken up in different lists. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
BabatundeS4
Rookie
0 Votes

What is the maximum number of recipients to send to at once.

William_A
Administrator

You can ultimately send to as many contacts as you actively have on your account. Keep in mind that, depending on a number of backend delivery and compliance factors, sending to thousands of contacts at a time will likely result in staging occurring, to ensure delivery reputations are maintained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
BackTalkSystems
Rookie
0 Votes

How many NEW emails can be added to a list per day?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

As many as you want to upload. Just keep in mind that we keep track of unique contact imports to accounts, so after a certain amount you may be required to complete a list review as a compliance wellness check. Additionally, billing is tied to how many contacts you have, so you'll want to keep that in mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST