Messages not going through to Gmail

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Messages not going through to Gmail

Hi,

We've had trouble getting messages delivered to gmail addresses, even when the recipient opts in to receive the emails.  They are not going to Spam or the Promotions tab. They simply aren't being delivered.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Messages not going through to Gmail

Hi @MARO-Public-Affairs 

Is this happening with all gmail addresses or a few in particular? Or even in a different email client as well? I have taken a look at your most recent campaign and was unable to replicate this same experience. The test email i have sent myself did successfully deliver to the promotions tab in my Gmail account.

However emails can sometimes not be delivered due to email content or subject line. A step we would suggest taking is to send a blank email with a simple subject line to your contact. Are they able to receive this?

Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the results of this blank test along with your username, a reference to this post, your campaign name, and the email address you're sending tests to. We would be happy to troubleshoot this further for you!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi,

It's all Gmail addresses. We've tried different email addresses multiple times, but none go through. We do get some non-deliverables on a spotty basis with other servers, but usually can easily address it. Gmail is our only consistent problem.

Thanks

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Hi @MARO-Public-Affairs 

Thank you for following up with us on this! We would however like to clarify this experience further. You mentioned this only happens with Gmail addresses. Are these contacts with the actual gmail(dot)com domain, or a different domain that they view through Gmail? We have seen cases where private domains use Gmail to view their emails. However private domains have much stronger filter settings that can cause emails to not be delivered. Because of this I would not only suggest the blank test previously mentioned in this thread, but also whitelisting Constant Contact as well.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I can't speak with absolute clarity on all of them, but i know many of them are personal accounts issued directly by gmail

Tags (2)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @MARO-Public-Affairs

Thanks for providing us with more information. I did some testing on my end and I was not receiving tests of your emails at my inbox either. At this point, it's best that you speak directly with our delivery team as they are more equipped to see why the message isn't delivering to Gmail contacts. They can be contacted at the phone numbers and hours listed here.  

Brian_H

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I believe we are having the exact same issue.  I just had three people reach out to me saying they did not receive our most recent email. They all have gmail addresses, they are on our contact list and checked their inbox, promotion folder, junk and do not see the email. Yet the address works when I email them directly from my personal email.  This has become a consistent problem with every email we send (we were first alerted in December by several gmail customers) Can you let me know how to proceed in troubleshooting? 

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hey there @PeggyP67,

If you're facing similar issues as mentioned above, I'd definitely recommend reaching out to the Deliverability team and explaining what's going on. They have better tools to look into what might be happening, and will be able to provide better insight into your issue.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.