Microsoft Office 365 Broken Image Links

VoitCorp
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Starting June 15th around 10:30 am PST, all images in CC eblasts are broken links in Microsoft Office 365 Outlook and web app. After multiple sessions with CC Support and hours of internal testing. The problem appears to occur only with current versions of Chromium browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge Chromium, Opera, etc). Older versions of Google Chrome, and Firefox don't seem to have the problem. Microsoft Outlook uses the web browser engine to render e-mails, so the image are broken inside Outlook as well as on the web app. Mobile versions of Outlook aren't affected as they use a different browser engine to display the e-mail.

The issue does not occur through other email service providers. Is there a code update that CC needs to make or has CC looked into the issue with Microsoft to resolve? If we have to tell our clients to only view emails via mobile devices or using a web app in Firefox, we will need to change email service providers.

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VoitCorp ,

Thank you very much for the information you've provided. Our higher level technical team wants to do a more thorough investigation of this. I got your case submitted to them, but if you could please reply directly to the email we sent with subject "RE: Your Constant Contact Support Inquiry" with the requested info, it will further aid them. Regardless you should receive a response from them within the next four business days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
VoitCorp
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

The issue is related to Constant Contact image click tracking. The html code for emails prior to June 16 and after showed a different server for tracked images. Our ad blocking software had to be updated for the server change as well as Office 365.

Keith_Hagerty
Rookie
0 Votes

What was the solution?  I missed it or don't understand what the solution was.  

VoitCorp
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Our IT staff had to updated our Antivirus/ad tracking software to allow the new CC server. We actually had to make an update again last week as well as linked PDF files began to error.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @VoitCorp and @Keith_Hagerty,

I apologize that you both are having the same experience. Please take a look at this helpful article to see how to fix images not displaying with your specific email client. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
VoitOC
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Thanks for the link, but it is not the solution. Again, the issue was with our antivirus ad blocking software blocking your new servers after your internal changes - not with our email client. Fortunately, our IT staff noticed the server changes and updated the ad blocking settings to allow them.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @VoitCorp,

I am happy to hear that your IT department was able to solve this! That is common with images not displaying. Thanks!

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST