Mimecast Issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
TimC369
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

We use Mimecast and can't seem to receive any test emails through constant contact.  I contacted our IT guy and he did some digging.  Apparently mimecast has blacklisted Constant Contact ?  I've been waiting on hold for a long while but no luck.  The other people I've talked to have given instructions on how to clear constant contact for OUR email addresses, but I'm trying to explain/ask if there's a way that constant contact can resolve the issue on their end.  We're not the only company that uses Mimecast so it doesn't help if we receive the emails but half of our customers don't.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @TimC369 ,

There's nothing to fix on our end if they've explicitly blacklisted our domains. The only path forward would be for them to safelist our domains, otherwise your internal delivery issues will continue when using our services. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator

Hello @TimC369 ,

There's nothing to fix on our end if they've explicitly blacklisted our domains. The only path forward would be for them to safelist our domains, otherwise your internal delivery issues will continue when using our services. 

William A
TimC369
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

So as is, Constant Contact emails just won't get through to people that use mimecast?

TimC369
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Our understanding is that the blacklist doesn't even belong to Mimecast.  It's a 3rd party list that is used all over the place

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

None of us in general support would have any insight regarding that. If the company you're using for your own internal emails is using a 3rd party service to generate their own blacklistings, then there's even less we can likely do. 

You're welcome to reach out to the Delivery team directly, to see if they'd have any additional insight regarding your specific delivery issues and Mimecast, but otherwise we don't have anything else to offer in this regard. 

William A
TimC369
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I've tried.  And I've been put on hold several times by several different people for a total of about an hour now. I'm not trying to be a jerk but we're not the only people that use mimecast and so us clearing constant contact solves the problem of our employees not receiving the emails, but it doesn't solve the fact that a lot of our contacts use mimecast.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST