Missing graphics for some recipients in Outlook

CellucomGroup
Brand Visionary

Is anyone else all of a sudden not seeing graphics in CC sent emails?  Last Thursday we had 3 (maybe more) employees all using different OS and outlooks just stop being able to see the graphics of our company emails from CC.  We've googled and looked at security settings and enabled features, etc.  Can't seem to figure out why suddenly some stopped being able to view graphics. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

Has CC changed some settings?

Any advice on what to look for?

help!  I have no idea if any of my 3000+ customers are also experiencing this from our emails.

:)Audrey

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello all. We understand this issue has been ongoing for a period of time and we apologize that we have not provided a timely update. As previously mentioned, there was a change made to our SSL certificate configuration back in June that we believe had solved the issue with missing images in Outlook and Mac Mail. After further research, it appears that the issue goes beyond our initial fix. We assure you we have been looking into the reasoning why this keeps happening to our customers and your contacts.

We'd like to gather some specific information to see if we can narrow it down to some specific programs or settings. This brings us to our next step in fully tackling the issue. In order for us to keep track of these items and escalate them to the appropriate team to further research, we need some help from you.

Please email us at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the subject line "Outlook/Mac Mail Image Issue Information" and include as much of the following information as you can (the more the better):

• Your username
  • The names of some affected email campaigns, as listed on the Campaigns tab
  • Email client/program type and version. Here's how to find the version of your affected email client:
    • 2003, 2007: Help > About Microsoft Outlook
    • 2010: File > Help
    • 2013, 2016, 2019, 365: File > Office Account
    • If using Outlook webmail, please include the browser type and version. Most browsers list their version under Help > About.
    • Mac Mail: Mail > About Mail
  • What is the exact behavior of the images? Red X, "Linked image can't be displayed" message, "Right-click here to download pictures" message, etc?
  • Rough timeline of events, if known. Did it work previously? If so, when did the problem start? Does it seem to be all campaigns or just specific ones? If you have an email that used to successfully display images, does another test or resend still look good, or is it also affected now
  • Screen shot of the issue in the email client
  • If possible, save the email as a file and attach it to the email. 
    • In Outlook Desktop, open the email so that it's in a separate window. Next, click File > Save As. > Outlook Message Format - Unicode (*.msg). HTML is also fine.
    • In Mac Mail, open the email and select Choose File > Save As and select Raw Message Source as the format (.eml)

Once we receive the information attached, we will forward it to a team that will gather all of the information and further address the issue.

We understand that this is a lot to ask of you, especially with the issue persisting for a while. We again apologize for the lack of an update on our end.

We are locking this thread for the time being while we gather information. We don't want this action to be perceived as us ignoring the issue but instead allowing us to focus and put our resources towards a solution. We will check in and provide updates as we find out more.

148 REPLIES 148
GaryD675
Marketing Legend

You guys really need to stop apologizing and start producing results.  This has been going on for 6 months now!  There is absolutely no excuse!

BethH43106
Campaign Collaborator

Doesn't seem to matter what version any of us are using - the real issue is that CC is moving at a pace of a turtle to resolve this.  Disabling the security setting only leads to really poor quality images.

I WANT A REFUND FOR ALL THESE MONTHS I CANNOT MARKET - THIS IS BS - I WONDER IF  HAS THIS LEVEL OF REALLY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE ....

GaryD675
Marketing Legend

I couldn't agree more!

JamesK875
Campaign Collaborator

Still not loading images for us when I did a test, using Outlook 2013.  I also received an email from another CC user, their images did not download either.  

GaryD675
Marketing Legend

Absolutely no improvement whatsoever.  The fact that this issue has been ongoing for MONTHS clearly shows that Constant Contact has no interest in solving this problem.

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @GaryD675,

Thank you for your feedback! We do apologize that this hasn't been updated, but I will submit your feedback as well. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RFTMarketing
Marketing Legend

I was able to get the "https --> http" trick to work. On a test email I just sent to myself all the images with HTTP loaded correctly. However the social media icons from CC do not load. Screenshot below:

RFTMarketing_0-1626116288812.png

When the email opens on my desktop Outlook (PC), I don't have the option to Download images. Instead there is the option to "If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser." 

Viewing in browser is a local .mht file vs. viewing the email in a browser with images. 

I'm using Outlook 365 Version 2102(Build 13801.20738), 32-bit.

Additionally I previously checked and confirmed that the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" Internet Options security setting is NOT checked.

JamesK875
Campaign Collaborator

The https to http trick did work for us, ironically the Constant Contact icon doesn't appear in any of the test emails (cannot download the image).  Also, the pattern for the background in the emails from Constant Contact doesn't appear, only the color of the pattern.  It's something we can work around for now.

RFTMarketing
Marketing Legend

Still experiencing the same issue. Constant Contact's logo and social media icons do not display and "Cannot download the image". I'm using Outlook 365 Version 2102(Build 13801.20738), 32-bit.

The https --> http continues to be a bandaid fix. At least now I  know now that a majority of clicks on the social media icons are likely a malware scan vs. actual click by a customer since they may not see the icons!

TheCorsiGroup
Campaign Collaborator

Problem still exists for us.  Really concerning!

MichelleG79
Campaign Collaborator

Hi Kyle, 

I'm a Mac user and I'm having the same problem with images not displaying in my Constant Contact emails - not every image - just a few of them. All the images are in my library. The look OK in the editor.. but in the Preview some of the images just appear as a question mark. Some of my subscribers are telling me they can't see my images either. 

This has started to happen in the last 6 weeks or so though one of my subscribers told me she couldn't see the images a few months ago - I thought it must just be her! But I wonder how many other images are not showing up.. the images are an important part of my content.

What can you suggest please?

RFTMarketing
Marketing Legend

2+ Months since the last update and still experiencing the same issue!

Constant Contact's logo and social media icons do not display and "Cannot download the image". I'm using Outlook 365 Version 2102(Build 13801.20738), 32-bit.

The https --> http continues to be a band-aid fix. At least now I  know now that a majority of clicks on the social media icons are likely a malware scan vs. actual click by a customer since they may not see the icons with the issue.

pria53
Campaign Contributor

No change. Still unable to download graphics on email campaigns.

MeritageVocalArts
Campaign Expert

It's still not working for me, either. I'm using Mail on a Mac. They are showing up on my iPhone and Gmail though. 

LisaL4499
Marketing Legend

Hello - 
I just created a test email, too. It still does not work. Here's the image from Mac Mail. test_image.png

LisaL4499
Marketing Legend

Note: in the past, the file name for the image has not appeared. Just the question mark in the image placement. On today's test, above... the image file name now appears. So... maybe that is helpful to know when troubleshooting. I hope this keeps moving up the chain in resolution as a top priority. There is NO other new feature Constant Contact needs to launch -- until this image issue is resolve. 

FCadmin
Rookie

It's not working for me either.  The graphics show up in my preview but not in my test emails.  They're not showing up on my Mac, my PC, my gmail or my outlook account...

MeritageVocalArts
Campaign Expert

Thanks for that. I feel like they just keep talking about Outlook. I'm not sure what to do now. I need to send a flyer advertising an upcoming event but can't.

DebbieC227
Marketing Legend

If you only want to send out an email with text, then you can continue to use Constant Contact for your email marketing. Otherwise it's pretty clear by now, since this problem started 4 months ago when they switched servers, that they have no intention of fixing this.

SherrieL5
Rookie
I use mac mail, version 8.2 (2014) and when I send a test email, my images are not showing up. There are lots of examples of this on the forum. If this can't be fixed, I will have to look elsewhere for my email program. Can you help?
William_A
Administrator

Hello @SherrieL5 ,

Is this occurring on a desktop version of the app, or on an iPhone / iPad? Are you able to safelist the following domains in your network?

If this is occurring in a desktop version of Mac Mail, update the setting in the Mail program to show images/download attachments via this path:
Mail > Mailbox > Preferences > Accounts > [Google or other email provider] IMAP > Account Information > Download Attachments > select “ALL”

If this is occurring on an app version of Mac Mail:

• Open the settings app.
  • Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
  • Set the "Load Remote Images" to ON.

Another potential workaround is to click on the image block in the editor as if you were going to change it:

• Right click on the image
  • Copy image location
  • Go to the Image URL tab
  • Paste the URL
  • Remove the "s" from the https, leaving the image as http
  • Preview the image and insert it.
  • Repeat for all images
  • Test to your Mac Mail

If none of the above workarounds and troubleshooting steps alleviate your issue, I'd advise calling our general support line so they can perform further live troubleshooting, and also work with our higher level technical team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SharonB50
Campaign Collaborator

This is an ongoing problem.  Other vendors who use CC and send me emails have the same issue.  It was fine until within the last year.  I have done the above suggestions, I always load images and attachments.  It is unacceptable for us that our recipients with Mac email cannot receive our full email.   I am curious if you are working on this as it is clearly a problem when you read message boards and people are talking about this problem. 

RFTMarketing
Marketing Legend

Same question!

This has been a problem for our company since at least March of 2021 with no resolution and very low response rate on this thread. The last update provided by CC was in June but the problems continue for a number of other customers, us included.

The https -->http workaround for images is a band-aid, not a resolution. Ironically even their logo at the bottom falls victim to this image loading issue in Outlook.

user989115
Marketing Expert

One of my colleagues did forensic analysis on this & the problem is nowhere near what CC has been chasing down.  Cancelling shortly - open rates are a joke with this.

GaryD675
Marketing Legend

Well said!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST