Misspelled words and Bugs

Occasional Participant

Misspelled words and Bugs

When right-clicking to replace misspelled word with suggested fix--rather than replace and entire paragraph is mysteriously removed which has to be "un-done" and manually replaced.  This doesn't happen with "add to dictionary" function but only with misspelled words.  Have done on multiple campaigns ever since Constant Contact changed their editing format.  What's the story?

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @NHS ,

This appears to be a relatively recent issue that our engineers are still investigating. I went ahead and got your case, as well my own investigation notes submitted to the engineers for further review. If and when they have an update they'll make sure to notify you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thanks Bill, this did not happen in the past prior to CC-makeover, nor does happen with “add to dictionary”.   Very frustrating for those of us that don’t want to see red underlying unrecognized pronouns, or when one does misspell a common word and wants to replace.  For those forgetting about the “undo” function causes much grief in having to replace a paragraph which also isn’t erased in context.  Needs to be fixed pronto since this has been going on for quite some time.

Thanks Bill...stay safe and “bug-free”

Hi @NHS. We've found as a workaround for the time being that pasting your text into a fresh new text block as plain text (right-click and selecting "paste as plain text" or using Control + Shift + V) seems to help avoid having the text be deleted if you make further edits. As Will mentioned, we've escalated this to the appropriate teams for review. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi Caitlin, complicated and too many steps...workaround is simply preparing text in Word then and cutting and pasting back in the block...a few less steps.  Thanks and have a great weekend, we are likely one of your oldest customers!