Misspelling in company name

tinnerhill
Regular Participant

Misspelling in company name

I received a complaint of a misspelling in our company name when it appears as sender, next to our email address.  I've checked our setting & templates, etc.  They are correct.  It's also correct in all the emails I receive.  Not sure if it's just in test emails that she receives or all emails.  The only places where I found the misspelling on my computer is in very old emails & my personal contact list.  

2 REPLIES 2
William_D

Hello @tinnerhill ,

Did the contact provide the location or a screencap of the misspelling? I went through the entirety of your My Account and My Settings pages and couldn't find the misspelling anywhere, nor could I find it in the emails I test sent - in either the header, footer, or actual email itself.

I'd recommend asking the contact to check their address book to see if they have you in their system with the misspelling - which may be overriding the correct spelling we try to send to them for the header info. If they believe it's something actually in or a part of the emails, try having them send you a screencap or otherwise highlighting where the issue is occurring so we can investigate further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
tinnerhill
Regular Participant

Thanks for y our reply.  You said the same thing I said.  I told the recipient to check her contact list for misspellings but it's pointless.  It's easier to make me the bad guy! 👿   I decided to use a different email address so it's no longer a problem.