The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Moving files from one folder to another in the library

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Moving files from one folder to another in the library

Hi all,

Brand new to Constant Contact and this forum. I hope someone can help me please with what I thought should be a very simple task and I'm not sure what I am doing incorrectly. I'm simply trying to organize my library by moving files from one folder to another folder. I understand how to do this but for some reason the files just don't move at all or they move to another file that I did not intend.  What am I missing? UGH!!!! Thanks so much for any help! 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Moving files from one folder to another in the library

Hello @DinaC503,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Please take a look at this article that will show you how to organize and manage your library with folders. If you are still noticing that the folders aren't doing what you need, please provide us with more information about what steps you are taking and how exactly you would like your images to be organized so we can see if it's possible. Thanks!  

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Wow! Thanks so much for the speedy reply! Thank you for that resource. I have read that several times this morning as I am trying to figure this out. BUT, interestingly enough I believe after the fourth time reading it through, I believe I see the issue. This particular sentence has me thinking that this is where I am in error.  "There's a total of 3 levels of folders and an individual folder or sub-folder can have many sub-folders". So I have been looking at this and I'm just a little con fused. This is what I have:

Folders

The folder I am having trouble with is the Social Media folder which looks like this:

As you can see, there are 3 files in there, however, I don't want them in there. I want them in the sub-folders of Social Media of which there are individual months 

And each month has 2 sub-folder:

Sorry for all the detail. Just want to make sure I understand. Sooooo, I think I have too many subfolders. Is that the case?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Meant to add.....

So I am trying to move files into the Daily Nice sub-folder of September 2020 and the system is not allowing me to do so. They automatically move the files into the September 2020 folder. However, I was able to add several files to the two sub-folders of DN Templates which is at the same level as September 2020

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @DinaC503,

I believe it sounds like the issue may be because you are unable to have sub folders in the library. An image can only be in one folder at a time, and not in multiple. I will definitely submit your feedback on this for further research and will get back to you with additional updates as soon as they happen. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thanks Zoe. Well, I was finally able to get the files in there but honestly something is definitely not right. I thought it was because I had too many layers of folders but I was able to get them in there eventually by doing the exact same things I had been doing before that failed so something's definitely not right so yes, I would appreciate some help on this. Thank you for submitting a ticket for further research. I definitely don't want to have this problem going forward.

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @DinaC503,

Of course and thank you for the information! Have a wonderful weekend. 

Zoe H.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured