Multiple Registrants Not Being Sent To PayPal (when registering simultaneously)

Occasional Organizer

Multiple Registrants Not Being Sent To PayPal (when registering simultaneously)

I have a yearly registration event where around 20-40 people use tablets to register at the end of the hour. For the past 3 years only 10-15 people are able to progress to the PayPal screen. All the other registrations are in the system but incomplete (and can't pay).

Again, this is a situation where multiple registrants are all in the same location trying to register at the same time.

Is this a limitation of PayPal (such as too many requests from the same IP address)?

A limitation of Constant Contact (same - too many requests)?

Something else?

If it is a limitation of either system is there a workaround?

About half the group has to pay using a different online payment provider or hand me a check/cash and it makes many feel uneasy when they feel like their registration info may be lost. Thankfully the registration info is in the system and I just have to change the status.

I have tried different wifi systems with no difference so it doesn't readily appear to be a firewall issue because 10-15 can pay while the others are stuck.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Multiple Registrants Not Being Sent To PayPal (when registering simultaneously)

Hello @StJohnsBLM. I apologize that you are experiencing this issue when you are trying to register your attendees at your events. I spoke with an upper level of support and we wanted to get some additional information about this. 

• Have you contacted PayPal about the payments not going through?
  • Is your internet connection able to handle multiple service requests from s single location?
  • I see that you are using tablets but are you able to use a wired connection?

If you are able to get this information, you can email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post and we will be able to research this further. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.